Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by tooschoolforcool

Alice Reed

9/15/90

History

Dr. Paul Clark


In 2020 A scientist named Dr. Paul Clark saw how his teenage daughter was obsessive with vampires and any other fairytale characters that authors of young adult books could make into a romantic love triangle. He knew it was a phase all teenage girls went through at one time or another and he was interested in how do all the girls grow out of the phase by the time they are about 20. So he did some research and he came up with an answer. Girls grow out of this phase because they realize they will never have the thrilling love story they read in the books and that they are going to have to settle on an average guy and have an average relationship. 

Dr. Clark couldn’t have his princess be disappointed and have to settle on a guy he would have to make the “perfect guy”. The man that is in all the sappy dark romance books. This man is the man who is from an different era where chivalry was still alive. This man has the perfect body that looks like it was sculpted out of marble. This man brings a little bit of fear into your life because you don’t know if he will ever lose himself and try to kill you. This man is so perfect that it gets other men jealous, which starts a love triangle. This man is also immortal so your love can be everlasting.

Dr. Clark got to work on making a way to turn an average man into the “perfect guy”, a vampire. It took him about 20 years to figure out the solution until one day he finally got it right. He had a test subject that was a 15 year old boy who was filled with cancer and going to die. The doctor gave the boy the “cure” for the average man and seconds after the boy finished drinking it Dr. Clark snapped the boys neck. Dr. Clark watch the body for 3 days and on the third day the boy opened his eyes. The boy filled with cancer was alive again and healthier than ever.

Dr. Clark didn’t realize he had a monster on his hands. The doctor knew that the boy would need blood to survive but he didn't realize just how much. The boy went through two assistants  before Dr. Clark started feeding him every hour and then the boy was fine. He had the boy live in the lab for a year to make sure that everything was well and that he wouldn’t age.  After that year the doctor showed him to the scientific community. Some people saw him as a monster but most saw him as a way to make money and fast. 

Dr. Clark started selling the procedure to the public and was changing 300 people a month. Other scientist were trying to make other mythical creatures and some had luck and others did not. Five years after Dr. Clark had made his vampire public there were werewolves, witches, warlocks, and faeries. Everyone who was anyone was becoming a mythical creature, and because of this many humans were dying or being changed into a vampire or werewolf. The human population was dying. In big cities, like New York, were millions of humans used to live now there were only about 10,000 of them and that number was lowering fast. 

People always thought global warming was going to be the end of the human race, but its not, mythical creatures are. Are humans that stupid to end their own race and not even care? What has happened to the World?  



© 2012 tooschoolforcool


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on July 1, 2012
Last Updated on July 1, 2012


Author

tooschoolforcool
tooschoolforcool

About
I am a 15 year old girl who love to write even though I'm not that good. more..

Writing