chapter 2

chapter 2

A Chapter by tooschoolforcool

I walk into Hot Topic and look around for a skinny jean wearing, lanky, black haired kid that is wearing some massive hat on the top of his head. I of course find him looking at hats. I walk up behind him and take his bright green hat off his head. He starts screaming grabbing the top of his head.  “Zombies! Zombies! Please don’t eat my brains! Zombies!” I grab his shoulder “Roy calm yourself its just me.” Roy snatches his hat out of my hands, “Oh my God Alice! Are your trying to kill me?” I ignore him and say “Do you really think that begging a zombie to not eat your brains will stop them from eating your brains?”  “Um well its worth a try,” Roy says still mad at me, he will get over himself soon. 

Roy is my best friend. He is human to but he is kinda crazy. You see about four years after he was born we had a zombie apocalypse, zombie apocalypses happen every few years it is when a mob of zombies move through the city eating human and mythical creatures brains, his parents were heading home from work when it started. When they came home they were Zombies trying to eat Roy’s and his older sister Dawn’s, brains. It was good that their is such an age difference between Dawn and Roy,  because if you had two little kids trying to run away from their zombie parents they would have ended up zombies. Dawn at the time was 17 which was good because she new she needed to get her and Roy into the panic room so her parents wouldn’t turn them into zombies. Their parents ended up leaving with the rest of the mob but it personally screwed up Roy for the rest of his life. Roy always has a hat on claiming it will keep the zombies from eating out his brains. Which is totally false. Everyone has tried to get him to stop wearing  hats that are twice the size of his head but their has been no luck. So most of the time he is is ranting and raving about zombies like he is mad. Personally, I do think he is mad, thats why I am friends with him, because a mad person doesn’t think about the sanity of their friends they just keep on ranting and raving. 

“Wow! Look Alice! It is a myth slayer! I’ve never seen one in the city before or that young he looks like he is our age!” Roy says. I look over to the myth slayer he has dirty blonde hair blue eyes with an athletic build. Sexy. He is wearing black cargo pants and a short sleeve turtle neck and on his right hip he had a gun probably with silver bullets and on his left hip he had a 12 inch wooden stake. He is defiantly way to young to be a myth slayer they had to be like 20 right? 

A Myth slayer is a mythical creature killer. They are my heroes, Leo and I always said that when we grow up we would join the movement together but of course that changed when Leo became a mythical creature. A myth slayer’s job is to kill the insane mythical creatures like out of control blood thirsty vampires, anger management werewolves, dark witches and warlocks and that kind of stuff. With myth slayers they travel in groups usually about 5 to 10 of them and they are like a family. Most cities have a group but the ones in our city were killed about 20 years ago and we never got a replacement, until now. 

Roy nudges me, “Alice snap out of it if you keep staring he will come over here.” Roy says like he doesn’t want the myth slayer anywhere near him, scaredy cat. I look down quick because I don’t know how long I have been looking at him. “Great now look what you did,” Roy says. I look up and I see the gorgeous myth slayer walking toward us. “Hi I’m Eli whats your name pretty?” The myth slayer says in a sweet like candy voice. “Alice why?” I say hard as a rock. “Just wondering what a pretty girls name is thats all.” My eyes get narrow. “Why do you care?” I say. Eli laughs and looks at Roy “Is she always like this?” Roy is hiding behind me and slightly nods. I roll my eyes and sigh, “Come on Roy lets get out of here.” Just as I turn for the door Eli grabs my arm. “When will I see you again Alice?” Eli says. I pull my arm away from Eli and say, “If I get my wish never.” He chuckles, “Sorry but I don’t see that wish coming true. See you soon Alice.” I roll my eyes and walk out with Roy trailing behind.

“Can you believe that guy?” I say. “Does he really think he can just walk up to me and think I am going to fall for his tricks?” Roy isn’t listening to me he is mumbling something about zombies like usual when I am freaking out. “The next time I see that guy I am going to hit him so hard he is going to wish he had never came up to me.” Roy randomly starts screaming “Hats! Hats! Hats!” Great as I was freaking I forgot to pay attention to were we were heading, right to the hats store. “Ok Roy if we go in we are not spending all day in there you got it one hat and then we are done,” I say knowing that won’t happen. “Ok!” Roy says excitedly. Roy runs into the store and I slowly follow into the sea of hats.

Roy tries on at least 50 hats until he finds one. It is a huge bunny head with the ears, eyes, mouth, nose, everything you would expect on a real bunny head. After Roy has paid for the hat he says, “How do I look?” I look him up in down. He is wearing green skinny jeans, a green shirt and a bunny head. He looks ridiculous.”You look great Roy can we go now?” I say. Roy sighs “Ok I guess, Bye Mr. Bryant! See you next week! Have fun on your vacation!” Roy says as we walk out. “Ok its about 5 do you want to go somewhere for dinner?” I say. “Wait! Its 5 O’clock?” Roy’s eyes get huge. I nod, “Yeah why?” “I’m Late! I was suppose to be home at 4! Oh no Dawn is going to kill me! I’m sorry Alice but I got to go! See you at school on Monday!” Roy says as he runs away.

I walk down the street and into Pal’s diner and sit down in my booth. I come here for dinner most nights to be away from my family. “Hey Alice.” Pal says as he walks by. I nod hi to him. Then Tracy walks over “Hey sweetie do you want your regular?” she says. “Yes” I say and I fall into my usual routine. 



© 2012 tooschoolforcool


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on July 1, 2012
Last Updated on July 1, 2012


Author

tooschoolforcool
tooschoolforcool

About
I am a 15 year old girl who love to write even though I'm not that good. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by tooschoolforcool