After Dark

After Dark

A Screenplay by ***Tori***
"

A movie I had planned on making/finishing by August 1st but as we know plans change. So, until I make time to film this, feel free to read the script!

"

CHARACTERS:

Julia

Caroline

Christine/Julia's mother

Unknown Murderer


***********************************


Beginning Credits


SCENE 1: Never showing mans face>> Pan over cemetery and woods. Zoom in on feet walking towards girl sitting. We face her back. Bring camera up mans body to his arm holding a knife. 'FLASH' Man dragging a bloody sheet with something heavy (human child body) to woods. 'FLASH' sheet being dropped and leaves put on top to cover evidence. Man runs away, stay focused on body. 'LONG FLASH'


SCENE 2: “20 Years Later” Fades from screen.


Julia: Running around, picking flowers, and playing where little girl was murdered. Turns around and sees the Little girl sitting there turned around. “Who are you?”


Caroline: Slowly looks over her shoulder at Julia. “Caroline.” Smiles at her.


Julia: Looks confused. “You don't go to my school.”


Caroline: Stands up and faces Julia. “I used to. Whats your name?”


Julia: “It's Julia. Do you wanna play with me?”


Caroline: “Um, I can't right now.”


Julia: “Why? Don't you like me?”


Caroline: Giggles. “Yea but it's getting dark.”


Julia: Giggles too. “Okay bye!” Turns to leave. Starts walking away then, turns back around. “Wait will you come play here tomorrow?”


Caroline: “Sure.”


Julia: “Good, See ya then.”


SCENE 3: Pan over woman sitting at computer reviewing files. Computers files First link is Starred, Caroline's file. Police badge sitting on keyboard.


Julia: “Can I go play in the cemetery?”


Christine: Doesn't look up as she speaks “Sure honey, mommy's very busy though. Do whatever so long as you don't bother me.”


Julia: Looks disappointed. “Okay.” Walks away.


Christine: Sighs and continues working.


SCENE 4: Show Julia sitting where her and Caroline previously talked.


Caroline: Pops out from behind a tree. “Boo!”


Julia: “Yay! You're here!”


Caroline: “Are you hungry? I know a great spot for picking black berries.”


Julia: “Is it far?”


Caroline: “A little but it's worth it, they're awesome.”


Julia: “Well my mom did say I could do anything.”


Caroline leads the way through the woods, past the “body bag” to an old ware house (All Good Auto Service main building) where they walk through the bushes. Against the wall they find an abundance of black berry bushes.


Julia: Reaches for one of the berries. Camera zooms in on her hand and we watch a insect or arachnid crawl off the fruit and away. Back to full shot of her, showing her pop the berry into her mouth. A look of surprise/delight covers her face. “Wow, these are amazing! How did you find them?”


Caroline: “I found them Along time ago, I don't remember how though.”


Julia: Nods head. “Well aren't you going to eat any?” Continues greedily eating them.


Caroline: “No, I guess I'm not hungry.”


Julia: “So what! I wish I could always eat these.”


Caroline: Looks up at the sky. Camera follows her stare and we see that it is getting dark, the sun is setting. “C'mon we have go.”


Julia: “What!? But we just got here.”


Caroline: Grabs Julia's hand and starts running into the woods. “I know but it's almost dark! We have to go while there's still light!”


Julia: “Why?” Tries to keep up with Caroline but falls behind.


Caroline: “I didn't know it would take this long!” Crying.


Julia: Falls over. “Wait!”


Caroline: Turns around and runs back to Julia. “Come on we have to go! Now!”


Julia: Holds her ankle as if in serious pain. “I can't, I twisted my ankle.”

Caroline: Looks up at the sky impatiently. Camera is now aimed upward and we see the moon coming up. “Oh no...”


Julia: “What?”


Caroline: “I didn't want to scare you away but now...now there's no way you'll miss it.” Wipes away a tear.


Julia: “Caroline, I'm not scared of anything. I don't even sleep with a night light.”


Caroline: “You might have to after this... Close your eyes.”


Julia: Close up on eyes slowly closing, stay there as they speak. “Okay, now what?”


Caroline: “Now, I want you to know that I really want to be your friend and just because I may look different, doesn't mean I am different...Well a little. But I'm still the same person.”


Julia: Zoom out from her eyes and capture her whole face. “We will always be friends.”


Caroline: “You promise?”


Julia: “I swear.”


Caroline: “Good, then open your eyes.”


Julia: Half of her face in the shot, half background. Camera is focused on her eye as it opens. Go to mouth and we see her lips part a little.


Caroline: Camera shot starts at her feet but slowly pans upward to her face. The once adorable girl is now a grotesque, walking corpse with leaves in her hair and pale bruised skin. She spins around and we see there is dried blood and infected dead flesh where she was stabbed to death. “This is who I am. A ghost.”


Julia: Looks terrified and is shaking a little. “You're...You're dead?”


Caroline: Slowly nods head. “But we're still best friends right? I mean you promised.” Looks down at hands and twiddles her fingers. “I get it though. I'm gross.”


Julia: Looks up. “We can still be friends. I just didn't expect this.”


Caroline: Also looks up. “Really?” A surprised smile appears on her face. “So will you stay with me? Forever?”


Julia: “...Yes.”


Caroline: “Even if that meant becoming a ghost?”


Julia: “You'd really want me to come live with you forever?” Flashbacks to Christine saying 'Do whatever you want so long as you don't bother me'. “Would we always have time for each other and play together?”


Caroline: Walks forward and grabs her hand. “Of course. I love you and I want to be your new big sister.”


Julia: Smiles happily. “Then I want to stay with you.”


Caroline: “Good.” Without letting go of her hand, kisses Julia's cheek and they walk forward together, slowly dissolving.


SCENE 5: People (Christine and others) shouting Julia's name. Shot on Police dog as he sniffs through the dirt to bloody sheet with Caroline's body in it.


Go to end credits.

© 2013 ***Tori***


Author's Note

***Tori***
Ignore the strangness...and also do you feel this is appropriate to put my 5 and 8 year old sisters in this? I'm still a little unsure.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

I had no idea you wrote screenplays!!
This is excellent!
We should work on a movie together!

Posted 10 Years Ago


***Tori***

10 Years Ago

definetly! what ever happened to your grim reaper movie?
RachelKim

10 Years Ago

I scrapped it.
***Tori***

10 Years Ago

Awe :/ that's too bad
Hm... very interesting. It's actually kind of cute in a very gruesome way. I mean when you look at the two girls friendship and all.
And how did you make the "Sleeping Cat Productions" thing? It looks really good! Did you use a computer program?

Posted 10 Years Ago


***Tori***

10 Years Ago

I did kinda want it to be cute as well as creepy. Anywho, I just used this free online site to draw .. read more
Madeline

10 Years Ago

That's cool, I'll have to check it out :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 24, 2013
Last Updated on July 24, 2013
Tags: ghost, death, children, strange

Author

***Tori***
***Tori***

NY



About
my name is Tori and i love reading. im an ameture writer but my friends lie and give me good reveiws ;) )o( more..

Writing
"Circus" "Circus"

A Screenplay by ***Tori***