Holes

Holes

A Story by Purple Dragon
"

Zero's Story

"

Zero (Hector)

I am doing the character Zero (Hector).

Gods thumb must be miles away, there’s got to be something up there, anything up there.

Mm yum, the splosh is finally really yum, I’m so glad I found them. It’s such a shame there’s only, 2,4,6,8,10,12,14 bottles life, Oh it won’t last long. But I will try my best to make the splosh last as long as I can, besides it is really hot out here.

Oh, but what if Mr Pendanski comes looking for me??? He wouldn’t come looking for me, to him I’m just that dumb, worthless little black boy that has no friends or family. All I’m good for is digging holes. Although I doubt anyone will come and look for me. It is just like the day when my mother abounded me, she didn’t care either, she just left me there. She has properly forgotten about me or thinks I’m dead, or something.

All of this anger has built up inside me, I have no one to talk to about anything. But it felt so good hitting the cranky old good for nothing Mr Pendanski over the head with the shovel. I could have done it a million times or even two million times and never get sick of it. That’s if I could. He always calls me stupid and dumb, sure, I don’t know how to read or write, but it doesn’t mean I am completely dumb. Everyone always treats me like I’m not there. Do I exist??? It seem like they see right through me. I am never going back to that stupid camp. I have dug so many holes it’s not funny. I get a lot of blisters from that stupid shovel, but who is there to complain to??? It’s not like anyone cares about that stupid, worthless little black boy who has a few blisters, no one cares if the stupid, worthless little black boy who gets splinters from the stupid shovel.

I can finely trust Stanley now, he is, well was teaching me to read, and write. I’ve always wanted someone to do that for me. I didn't think anyone would put that much effort into trying to do anything like that for me. I wonder when I am going to tell him that I stole the shoes, and he should never have been sent to a place like that stupid camp. What if he never forgives me, or worse hates me? He is the only friend that I have had, ever! Although I'll properly never see him again, I still have to live with the fact that I made a lot of his life a misery, by making him dig holes.

I am so glad I was there when Zigzag started a fight with Stanley. Who knows what Zigzag could have done? Anyway it’s not Stanley fault that he was dragged into my mess. I only wanted to have someone to be my friend, I only wanted to be able to read and wright like all the other boys. It was my fault I am the one who started digging Stanley’s hole so he could have the energy to teach me to read and write. 

I have been thinking for a wild, I would really like to find my mother and ask her why she just left me there. I always imagine what she would say to me when I ask her, I have look everywhere for you, I thought someone had taken you or something like that. Maybe I can help Stanley and his family, anyway it’s not his fault he is here, maybe I can make it up to him. Maybe I can go back and get Stanley, and help Stanley’s farther with his inventions, but I really don’t want to go back to the stupid camp. Besides Mr Pendanski will kill me if I go back, they all hate me.

© 2013 Purple Dragon


Author's Note

Purple Dragon
pls comment

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tea
Its really good :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 27, 2013
Last Updated on April 9, 2013

Author

Purple Dragon
Purple Dragon

Havey Bay , Australia



Writing
When I When I

A Story by Purple Dragon