The silence game.

The silence game.

A Story by Purple Dragon

We play a lot of games in our house. A lot of games that involve being quiet and not moving. Mummy was always telling me to stay quiet and not to make a sound. I always had to do what I am told.  If I don’t I would get in trouble when Daddy comes home.  We play games with Daddy, too.  Me and Emma would run and hide under our beds. We always hide until Daddy finds us.  Most of the time he waits till dinner because when dinner is ready we have to get to the kitchen table otherwise we will miss out. We always have to be quiet at dinner, otherwise Daddy will yell at us.

 It’s not like Daddy really knows what goes on in this house when he is at work. He’s never home, he’s always at work and the house is quiet when Daddy is home from work. Every day was the same.  Daddy would call out, “Hey honey, I’m home.”

Mummy always goes up to him and gives him a kiss on the lips and asks him, “How was work, anything new happen today?” Mummy is always nicer to Daddy then what she is to me and Emma, she always gives him a cuddle after Daddy walks in the door.

Daddy always replies, “No, nothing new, same old boring work.” Daddy would walk past me and Emma straight to the fridge to get a drink, we are not allowed. After Daddy gets his drink he walks over to the T.V and puts the football on, even if me and Emma were watching the TV when Daddy is home he gets the TV and we can’t make a sound when the football is on. He yells like the people on TV can hear him. I remember one time where I asked Daddy if he knew that they can’t hear him and he got so angry I thought his head was going to explode. I got so scared I ran and hid in my cupboard and I started to cry. I thought he would never like me again. 

Mummy would always tell us girls to be quiet and not bother him. “He’s had a hard day’s work, he shouldn’t have to come home and look after you two as well.” 

I don’t know why.  All I wanted to do was to tell him what Mummy was doing. There was one time I found my little sister Emma just sitting in the play area.  She wouldn’t say anything, but she had just got a lot of presents from Mummy. If anyone shouldn’t have been happy it should have been me. It’s not like I got anything, and it wasn’t even our birthday. We haven’t ever had our fourth birthday yet, it’s next year.

There was a really pretty dress that I wanted for a while and Mummy told me that she didn’t have enough money to get it, but then Emma ended up with it. Emma even got the new baby doll that came with heaps of clothes for it that I wanted.  

I wasn’t even allowed to touch the toys. If I did I would get in so much trouble.  Mummy would yell at me because she got them for Emma. “You got you own toys,” she would yell every time I would go to play.

She would always take Emma into our room. Emma is Mummy’s favourite.  I'm never allowed in the room when Mummy takes Emma in there. All you could hear is silence at the start and then everything being thrown around like a hurricane.

Then Mummy was yelling and then she would laugh. It was really hard to hear Emma over Mummy but when Mummy would stop I could hear Emma crying. It sounded like she was playing, I thought Mummy and Emma were playing.

But then one day it was different. She took Emma into the room but you couldn’t hear Emma. It was just like every other time, but this time it was different; I couldn’t hear Emma at all. Mummy and Emma was in the room for a while, and they didn't come out at all, not even to get a drink.

Daddy came home from work that day as normal.  “Hey honey, I’m home,” Daddy called out, just like he always does. The house was quiet, a lot quieter than normal. I saw Daddy, and thought, it’s time to hide. I started to run into my room where Emma and Mummy were. I opened the door and I froze. I couldn't move. Mummy was crying and Emma was lying on the floor not making a sound, she wasn't even moving. I didn't know what to do, my heart started to race and my hands started to shake. I decided to run and hide in my cupboard. I didn't realise that Daddy was behind me. Daddy and Mummy started to yell. I was so scared I covered my ears and closed my eyes.  All I remember is daddy picking me up out of the cupboard then putting me in the car. And Daddy said over and over to me that he was sorry he didn't listen to me and that he won’t ever let anything bad happen to me again.

Mummy doesn’t live with us anymore, but sometimes we go to visit her in the house where she lives now, with lots of other women. You have to be quiet there, too, or the guards get really angry and yell at us.

© 2015 Purple Dragon


Author's Note

Purple Dragon
ignore grammar problems, what do you think

Thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

mind blowing O.o
it was really good it really liked it

Posted 9 Years Ago


Great describtion of an unstable home for the two sisters. If the parents are going to be like that and punish their children just for being kids. Then they don't deserve to have them, it's simple. I like the way you used the smilies, and how you let the reader now your main character feelings known. Great work, keep it up.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Purple Dragon

9 Years Ago

Thank you, it was a school assessment
Dillon

9 Years Ago

Your very welcome. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2015
Last Updated on March 12, 2015

Author

Purple Dragon
Purple Dragon

Havey Bay , Australia



Writing
When I When I

A Story by Purple Dragon