Amethysts and Waves

Amethysts and Waves

A Poem by transentience
"

Just thoughts about lineage and what it means to last forever

"
Adorning the pinnacles of ancient staffs, forged of soul, and fastened together by leather strips, the amethysts emit auras of their ancestral prey. Within the decay of animalistic lore rests the impermeable shards of our own volition. Fields of violets spattered in instinctual blood perfume the winds in an ageless scent. Atop sun-glistened ices of mountain conceptions melts the essence of our common cascades. Whiskery noses taste the divinity droplets pattering from buckets gathered by descendants of the scentless. Communes consume their kin in a forbidden daze unbeknownst to the secrets of the sacrosanct. The sacred suffering in mass eradication at the hands of an insecure prophet. Spark the awareness of the gaslit mothers forced to deny their historic foundations. Spirits of the forgotten scream in mistranslations of the unconscious; a lineage awakens in dreams, so compassionate and tender. Listen for the quietness rendered between your discordant expressions, like implied-line sketches. Ghostly resurrections guide you through their legacies, vicariously, to breathe in the eternity forced out of their lungs. Exhale nothingness--the tranquility at sea, drifting listlessly upon their cosmic vessels.

© 2017 transentience


Author's Note

transentience
This piece was conceived in mediation of the Armenian genocide. Like the Holocaust, history has tried to cover up the travesties of the times even as Armenian descendants live all over the world, having lost much of their cultural ties. I've been interested in bringing awareness to social disparities and only hope that my words are acknowledged positively by those who have endured tragedy

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I've read and seen pictures of the Armenian genocide and I can hear its stark and unhappy music in this poem of empathy and justice.

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is a really good piece you did to bring awareness as you say to the Armenian genocide. I'm not familiar with it myself but maybe I will look it up so I can understand better. Your passion for this topic shows in your writing :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

transentience

8 Years Ago

Thank you!
This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

387 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 27, 2016
Last Updated on June 18, 2017
Tags: ancestry, family, memory, love, genocide, death, resurrection, life, amethyst, waves, ocean, sea, cosmic, sacred, holy, spiritual, soul

Author

transentience
transentience

Buena Park, CA



About
29. Writer, dreamer, musician, thinker, disabstractionist An empath who fights for what they believe in My mind is a blessing and a curse, but music keeps me balanced I tend to psychoanalyze .. more..

Writing