Colors

Colors

A Poem by Fawn

Passion, drowning in a sea of reds and purples, lungs learning to breathe color just so I can look at you a moment longer. I don't know when I fell in, or if I was ever on land in the first place, but it doesn't matter. When I look at you, you're all that matters. When I look at you, my bones dissolve into ash, my skin cracks and peels and gets carried away with the wind until I am nothing but spirit, a light in a dark room.

I will be the soft glow that persists in your consuming darkness, the gentleness to ease the weight of the stones you pile on top of yourself day after day. I will know you now like I have known you forever. Like I have known you since before the light exploded into our world, tainting with absence the darkness that once seemed normal, taking what was ours and only ours.

Let us find the darkness again, where it still exists in quiet corners where the light cannot touch. Let us find the stillness, touch hands and let our souls find each other again. Let my light glow for you softly where it can be seen. A bright world has tried to exile ours to a state of absence. It has tried to blind us, to make darkness an evil, to make a monster of our home. We do not have to let it.

I remember now. The moment I saw you in this neon world, I saw through the cracks, and the darkness came rushing back in a sea of muted color. The rifts opened like holy gates, blessed in the absence of God and Man, and you were mine.

© 2019 Fawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on July 3, 2019
Last Updated on July 3, 2019
Tags: love, romance, emotional, romantic, passion, light, darkness, relationships

Author

Fawn
Fawn

Brookfield, CT



About
My name is Fawn, and I'm an amateur poet and (sort of) fiction writer hoping to hone my skills and get published one day. I write a lot about my life and trauma,and the creative concepts that bounce a.. more..

Writing
Stardust Stardust

A Poem by Fawn


Crossroads Crossroads

A Poem by Fawn