Republika Unit Spotlight: Oppressor Program

Republika Unit Spotlight: Oppressor Program

A Story by Maksim T. Siggurd
"

Unit spotlight of ACIS Mk.I "Oppressor" mechanized infantry squad

"
Faction: United Halcron Republic
Unit Designation: Mechanized Infantry
Homeworld: Ahlmat, Halcron System

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

At the epicenter of the Republic, researchers and scientists worked hand-in-hand with Operators from the various Special Forces divisions throughout the armed forces. After spending years researching and developing, they created the Advanced Combat Integrated System Mk.I "Oppressor" Mechanized Infantry Suit.

This suit stood roughly eight (8) feet high and was a heavier and more armored version of the standard FH42 Power Armor. The Mechanized Infantry Suit, commonly referred to as "The Oppressor", was armed with a heavy caliber machine gun and a back-mounted grenade launcher. The Operator had a wide variety of munitions at his disposal, including; fragmentation, incendiary, gas, smoke, or flare grenades. Later on the Oppressor would be outfitted with laser rifles instead of machine guns.

The suit required a trained Operator and most were hand-selected from Special Operation Divisions. After undergoing a rigorous 21 week program - so rigorous that only 5% of each class finished the training - the Operator was assigned an Oppressor. The suit opened by releasing the front view-port, which in turn swung up, allowing the two sides to swing out at the arm hinge; this allowed the Operator entrance and exit into his suit.

The view-port was heavily armored and reinforced with Urashin, a high-strength alloy used to create starship hulls. The Operator was provided a HUD interface and view by way of 16 cameras situate across the cockpit itself (including four rear-facing cameras).

Oppressor Operators were assigned to squads of four, and had specially designed Orbital Insertion Pods to drop in behind enemy lines from high-orbit. These suits were limited in number, especially during the onset of the war and during the Invasion of the J'kar System.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ACIS Mk.I "Oppressor" Mechanized Infantry
Strength: 150
Current Status: Deployed, Classified System
Current Mission: Classified
Current Commander: Lieutenant General Sebastian U. Pelchenko
Second in Command: Colonel James E. Gundmenson

© 2011 Maksim T. Siggurd


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 6, 2011
Last Updated on August 6, 2011

Author

Maksim T. Siggurd
Maksim T. Siggurd

The Frigid Tundra, ND



About
I am a Military/Science Fiction writer who has spent years working on designing a universe in which to base a series of novels off of. I have been part of project teams who have been tasked with desig.. more..

Writing