Downhill

Downhill

A Poem by Mortricia
"

....

"

Stranger than science fiction

religious constriction

neurotransmittion

hands on your cell phone

facebook, twitter

tweeting my fleeting sense of sanity

beating my head with the support beams

of my bed canopy

wifi replaces tie-dye

androids over fireflies

pollution over blue skies

this situation....

is dire.

© 2014 Mortricia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yeah, I feel like this a lot too...
Very good poem! I liked the rhyming, and the references to modern things like twitter. I normal think it's tacky when people put those things in stories and poems, but you pulled it off well, I can tell you deffinately have some talent. You also hit unpopular topics and, even if you have no idea what you're talking about, you can tell how strongly you feel about it. Nice work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Both of you-thanks for the construct....always appreciated.

Interesting change to the last line, Alessander. I have a habit of finishing poems with very few words or very indirect ones. Dier, for example, could mean death....or a scraped knee. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


:D
I should definitely check your page more often. :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really like the pace, word-play and off-handed rhyme. And the reference anchor this piece to the world around us, while simultanousley pondering the abstract impednding doom and insanity of it all.

My only suggestion is that you maybe change the last line to maybe

this situation must change....
erst lest we die

don't know, kinda a goofy suggestion, I know. I just think the middle parts of a poem could be slant rhymes or assonace or feminine rhymes -ion, but the ending might be more effective with a truer rhyme.

But like I said, it's just a minor detail...love androids over fireflies

Posted 14 Years Ago


Yeah, I feel like this a lot too...
Very good poem! I liked the rhyming, and the references to modern things like twitter. I normal think it's tacky when people put those things in stories and poems, but you pulled it off well, I can tell you deffinately have some talent. You also hit unpopular topics and, even if you have no idea what you're talking about, you can tell how strongly you feel about it. Nice work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 9, 2010
Last Updated on December 3, 2014
Tags: life, pollution, tools, strange, science, facebook, technology

Author

Mortricia
Mortricia

CO



About
Get cozy to take a journey through a rhythmic, twisting prison, I'm a metaphoricalien and writing is my mission. "Didja hear about the guy who lost his left side? He's all right now..... more..

Writing