Moving On

Moving On

A Poem by tynamite
"

Last day of school, going university in September. It's unfair for me to leave as my time was robbed.

"
I was here, but now I'm gone;
will I find something new to shine upon?

Will I find the strength to carry on;
while I'm forcibly moving on?

© 2010 tynamite


Author's Note

tynamite
Can you please comment what this poem means for you? This means to comment what changes in your life this poem would apply to.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

To me the voice in the poem is not willingly letting go of the status quo, the change of a new environment is somewhat threatening and he may not be held with the high esteem that he as where he's at now. But there's a glimmer of hope for a brighter future at the new place too. Besides school we all find ourselves in similar situation. Be it work, working with a new client, a new state or city, life is constantly forcing us to change. Change keeps us from becoming stagnant and drained of life. Loved the poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


While I can think of many things in the world that this piece could be related to and share in the sentiment, I myself can't really place a point in my life that it would hold true to in it's entirety. The last line eliminates all of my personal experiences.

Wolfie

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think this means that you just left a person that you really cared for, but they didn't care that much for you. I liked it and when I went into high school I was the only one until my sister came. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


it maens you cant look back. this is a realy nice poem. i realy do like it

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sound like you just about summed up life in general. I feel it :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Short and simple, nice. Aren't we all robbed of time itself? Nicely done

Cheers for the read,
indie♥

Posted 13 Years Ago


This sums up how I feel about moving on too. "Something new to shine upon." It's a bit sad, a bit nostalgic, and a bit inspiring. Good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow thats amazing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Short but profound

Posted 13 Years Ago


I can relate to this ..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 29, 2010
Last Updated on June 9, 2010
Tags: last, day, school, moving, on, change

Author

tynamite
tynamite

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom



About
Hello peepz! I write novels and short stories in the "urban life" genre going for the "thought provoking" style. You could call it realism, but even romance and crime novels can be realistic, so I.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..