#1 Back Home

#1 Back Home

A Chapter by tynamite
"

Naomi ends her eventful day.

"

August the 26th. Dear Diary.


So after the rattling day I had, I guess it was time to go home. I had to walk it there - again! Walking home, it was so beautiful. It looked so nice, but I wasn't allowed to go play where the others lurked, so I had to continue walking. I would have loved to go and ask the people what they were doing, but I know they wouldn't look at me nice. That hurts me. Why does everyone I meet have to give me funny looks?


I can see the beauty of the place, but I can't touch it. I saw flowers growing on the lawn as I walked, but I wasn't allowed to touch them, as they were somebody else's. People say that money doesn't grow on trees. I wish that they all could grow faster. I had some money left in my purse, so I walked into a shop and brought a small white box. I don't know much about what to do with it now. It seems like I can't take anything of this world.


Also when I was in the shop, some people were looking at me. They were staring at me. They couldn't even say hello. They just stood from afar glaring at me, and then walked off. I'm in a big shop with lots of aisles, and I have to look ahead to know where to find boxes, and all those two people do is glare at me and walk off. I wish they could somehow be different for a change, so they would know what it's like to be different. They must think that I'm a person who thinks they're embracing the world. The shop was nice, it had high lighting, and I don't know why the ceiling is so high.


I was finally home shortly after that. I'm living in the same old house, with the same old furniture. This is nice, I guess. But I hoped that after being here for so long, it would be more than what it is. I had an eventful day today, I was with the person I hadn't seen in a long time. I got scared, and there were three others as well who I was scared to talk to. In fact everyone is scary to talk to. I could have never imagined that people are like what they are.


I got home and I was greeted with the same white walls that I always saw when I got home. There were no photos or posters anywhere in the house. The floor is clean, and everything is where it should be. The kitchen window faces a nice view outside, even though it doesn't face the garden. I couldn't find the strength to cook anything today, so I settled for a microwave meal. I put the thing in the microwave, waited four minutes, and then ate it. I didn't do anything after that, because the person I saw today wasn't interested in speaking to me today.


I remember when I first got here. I used to think that brushing my teeth, day and night was a ritual. Now I believe that going to bed alone is the true ritual. When I wake up tomorrow, there will be no one to tell me good morning or share my time with.


This is okay I guess. I've got somewhere to stay away from those angels up top. I looked at my perfectly made bed, thinking about how I dreaded waking up in the morning. I got in the bed, and was scared to go to sleep. I didn't want tomorrow to come quick enough.



© 2011 tynamite


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I was confused while reading this. A lot of the sentences didn’t make sense, or key things about the story were left out. I think it has the beginnings of something great but needs to be fleshed out A LOT.

The first paragraph for example. You say:

“Walking home, it was so beautiful. It looked so nice, but I wasn't allowed to go play where the others lurked, so I had to continue walking. I would have loved to go and ask the people what they were doing, but I know they wouldn't look at me nice. That hurts me. Why does everyone I meet have to give me funny looks?”

So, it’s beautiful, but “what’s” beautiful? The forest? The square? The village? What? And you couldn’t go where others “lurked”. Lurked is a word that is usually associated with an enemy, or someone ready to pounce on you. I’d use another word. And how could she not see what they were doing? Were they playing a game she wasn’t familiar with? Why don’t they look at her nice? Does she have a hideous face? What?

Posted 5 Years Ago


tynamite

5 Years Ago

Sorry for the confusion.

I've thought of a way to explain myself in a succint manner... read more
Black Kat

5 Years Ago

Like I said, I tried to help. But, if you truly feel this way about your piece and don’t want othe.. read more
Black Kat

5 Years Ago

I meant to say "unbiased" but can't edit my comment. "I try to be unbiased and focus on grammar, flo.. read more
This is a very good start to this book. I have a question: How do you publish so many books? So you self publish? if you do, how do you afford it? Great new book

Posted 11 Years Ago


tynamite

6 Years Ago

Sorry for the late reply. Writers Cafe created the "reply to a review" feature years after the websi.. read more
Excellent story!
It's one of your best short stories.
Bravo

Can't wait to read more

Posted 12 Years Ago


tynamite

6 Years Ago

I think that Wayfaring In Envy is the worst short story series and short stories I've published on W.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

718 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2011
Last Updated on September 9, 2011
Tags: home, house


Author

tynamite
tynamite

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom



About
Hello peepz! I write novels and short stories in the "urban life" genre going for the "thought provoking" style. You could call it realism, but even romance and crime novels can be realistic, so I.. more..

Writing