#3 Resenting Me

#3 Resenting Me

A Chapter by tynamite
"

Naomi doesn't take jealously well.

"

1 day later. Dear Diary.

The next day Kyle showed up, and the day started me looking at him, and him looking at me. That was how the day started. The first day I saw him was only for a split second, so I don't even think he saw me. After looking at me, he walked off and proceeded to make breakfast. I don't think that he had anything to say to me. I found it amazing how before I existed, and now I don't. I followed him to see if he had any plans for me next.

He went and made himself some Cheerios. I watched him make them and he also made me some. He asked me whether I was new here, and I said yes. I liked it that someone made me breakfast here, usually I have to make it myself. We spent the time talking about breakfast and other silly things. He was one of the few people in this place who I had a conversation with.

We then took off to leave the house to wherever it was he wanted to take me. While we were walking, we were walking really close to each other. I didn't know where he was taking me, but I knew that his thinking would take me somewhere nice. He looked at me sometimes while we were walking, and he didn't want me to leave. He wanted me to stay with him.

When we got there, we got to a place that was a house on a quiet suburban road. The house was detached and the gateway to the house had a wooden fence. Kyle opened the gate and we followed the path into the house, that had flowers growing on both sides of it, all surrounded by a fence.

In the house we were made welcome by the people who were there, and they asked who I was, and Kyle told them. I didn't want to talk, as talking can get me into scrutiny. I thought it would be best to see who the people were, and think about what they like to do. It was nice being in the warm environment where the floor was carpet. I had never seen carpet flooring before, and I found this weird. We were all told to take our shoes off when we got in, and it was weird how the carpet felt on my feet. We got to eat Ready Salted crisps and feel comfortable in the environment. Some of the people asked me where I was from, and I just smiled. The house had wallpaper on the floors, and in some of the rooms they were floral, with small pink roses and a magnolia background. I touched it with my fingers, and it was kind of bumpy.

Later on I was inside the kitchen which had a tv in it and a long wooden table in it as well. I was stood facing the back door that let light through the grainy window that I blurred outside. Kyle was in front of the back door and he was staring at me. We were staring at each other. Next to him was the adult who was spewing hurtful words at me. She was rudely asking me how I could be in this house dressed like that. She wasn't talking to me, she was talking at me. Her words were meant for the other people in the room and not me. "Who do you think you are coming in like that?" "You look really dumb and there's no place for you anywhere." "You should be born a cretin because you look like one." Everyone around looked so gleeful to hear the words. They were all against me.

It was really hurtful to receive name calling like that, and I've never experienced that before, so I didn't know what to do. Kyle took one look at me after staring at me, knowing that the person wouldn't stop, and took my hand and then we left the place. We were later outside the house on the concrete pavement overlooking the routes left and right, and the patch of grass that was ahead of us, a little to the right, across the road. He looked left and right, and he held my hand for the rest of the day. We were now going to go somewhere else. Those people at the house got me feeling so different and bad about myself, and Kyle held my hand and made me feel like I was one of them, like I mattered. It's not my fault that I have a butterfly on my face. I have a large butterfly stuck on my face, that is the size of my head. It is ruby red on one side, and cedar brown on the other. It is beautiful, and so is the extravagant clothes I wore that you can't buy in any store. It wasn't a dress, but a draping fabric that had many floral layers on it like a cake stencil. I found it sad how I was berated like that.


© 2012 tynamite


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

457 Views
Added on June 13, 2012
Last Updated on June 13, 2012
Tags: jealousy, resentment


Author

tynamite
tynamite

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom



About
Hello peepz! I write novels and short stories in the "urban life" genre going for the "thought provoking" style. You could call it realism, but even romance and crime novels can be realistic, so I.. more..

Writing