#4 Moral Theatre

#4 Moral Theatre

A Chapter by tynamite
"

Naomi loves the joy of watching television.

"

1 day later. Dear Diary.


I loved it how Kyle goes to see me every day, or every day I can. If he doesn't see me for a couple of days, I know he'll be back. He was with me when he woke up in the morning. When he woke up, he presumably brushed his teeth and things, and walked into the kitchen to make breakfast, with his pyjamas. He walked into the room and I didn't have to turn around or anywhere to be able to see him. He saw me as soon as he got before the doorway. The door was already open, and he could see my face directly, as he peered into the room. He ignored that I was there for so long, and pretended that I hadn't waited.


He then proceeded to telling me how the house was unusually cold today, as there was frost outside. And he drew open the curtains, so I could see. I stared out the window for a couple of seconds to appreciate the beauty. The grass had a lovely white shaven glisten applied upon it, that made the view outside, so much brighter and tranquil. It's scenes like that, that make me appreciate the world, and yearn for the world down below. I finished looking outside and then turned to see what I was supposed to do next.


We were going to eat Cheerios again. He made his bowl of Cheerios first, and then he was to make mine. I walked up to the kitchen surface and tip toed on my left foot while lifting my right arm to reach something. He looked at me for a couple of seconds and told me that I wasn't behaving in the way of how to reach things. He reached on top of the fridge by standing on chair, and picked a penny off it, and showed it me, as it was in his hand. Then he proceeded to making breakfast.


The English language is very formulaic. It forces me to use the same words, when I want to explain an aspect of something twice. What I like about being here in what I call The Sanctuary, where I've been living in the past couple of months, is that it's not as formulaic as it was for me up top.


I liked eating Cheerios for the second time with Kyle, because it meant that I could do the same thing again. I like doing things again, if I know that it meant something the last time. I think Kyle found it weird, being in an empty house, with just me in it. I remember when he went to the house near here, which has his friends in it, and he didn't ever want to leave. He doesn't ever want to leave me too, so I don't know why he wanted to stay with me.  There's a wide world outside, full of people who do talk. I don't talk. Whenever I talk, people treat me as a different person, and I don't want to be different, I want to be among one of them. It's difficult walking around with a butterfly on my face, because it's so pretty and people want to hate or revere me for it. I daren't say what I think, because all I have is my hopes to guide me. I hate using the words like and because. They make the meanings of my words, so less cohesive.


After eating breakfast, we got to the sofa to watch tv. It was nice that he wanted to watch tv with me. He wouldn't have ever done so otherwise. The tv was on some cartoon channel and he wanted to change the channel for something more for his age. He reached over to grab it. I clutched the remote in my hands, depriving him of his chance. He looked at me then let me have it. I would then watch cartoons with him for hours, in complete silence, and for that time, he was.


I liked it how the cartoons taught children morals, and if they didn't, they gave them an idea of how they should act. I loved the idea of positive reinforcement given to the protagonist as they lived their time in the cartoons. I also loved the good versus evil clique.



© 2012 tynamite


Author's Note

tynamite
For anyone asking what the plot of the book is, there is none. It's short stories.

For anyone asking why the short stories have no storyline, it's because it's all about the emotion Naomi feels, her predicament as an angel in The Sanctuary, and the trivial situations I'm portraying that are significant to her.

I felt that these things had to be written, to properly express how Naomi is.
The short stories I write, are just side projects to the novels that I prefer to write.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

524 Views
Added on June 14, 2012
Last Updated on June 14, 2012
Tags: children, learning


Author

tynamite
tynamite

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom



About
Hello peepz! I write novels and short stories in the "urban life" genre going for the "thought provoking" style. You could call it realism, but even romance and crime novels can be realistic, so I.. more..

Writing