#5 Something Different

#5 Something Different

A Chapter by tynamite
"

Naomi briefly stops feeling different, and wonders what makes Kyle so different.

"

8 days later. Dear Diary.

I was in a small room with I loved it how Kyle goes to The Sanctuary often. I saw him three days ago, but today, he was somewhere I didn't expect him to be. He couldn't see me at first. He was in the room for 22 minutes without knowing I was there, as the room was crowded. There were people congregated around a table that was engraved at the top to allow there to be a pit where the roof or the table would be below the top corners. The top of the table was green and sunk in. On the table there was large round discs which were decorated in different patterns and colours. Myself, along with others, wondered what the discs were for, and only I was willing to talk about what they could be.
There were 9 people in the small room besides me, two at the table, two at the other side of it nonchalant not caring, and the rest of the people were at the back. They talked amongst themselves to say that there was an usual table in the room, and they didn't talk much else about the table, other than that. The people in The Sanctuary are subdued. They live without a care in the world, and are too cushioned to ever think they can fight for anything. The weird table stood in the room, and the people next to me were talking about the faux abnormalities in their parallel lives, such as a bridge with hooligans and the bus routes where they live.
A minor change can make a huge difference in someone's life. A difference in two people's lives can be interesting to the listener. I would think that I'm interested in the people who were around me, but not at all with what they were saying. Kyle was preoccupied staring into space, just seeing what the people around him were doing. I only waited for an intervention so I could leave or do something else. Kyle noticed me at the back of the small crowd. I was the furthest away from him of all the people he looked at.  He couldn't see my face because The Sanctuary's warped rules didn't let him. He could only recognise me then from what I was wearing.
Kyle saw me and walked towards me in the peach coloured room. He asked me why I had came here and I told him I didn't know. He told me that he didn't think the table was for what he thought it was for, so he didn't bother to try to use it, after he touched the discs. I stood by Kyle, as he was standing next to me, and we were both facing what was in front of us, together. Then he told me that one of the people had gone to the Glass House. That was somewhere where we had been together before, and it sounded interesting that someone in front of me had gone there too. I was happy for them. The people I gazed at in front of me, weren't as bad as they seemed. I hoped I could find a way to engage with them.
We spoke for a short while before Kyle walked off to observe the rest of the room. He wanted to know what everyone else was talking about. As he stared at them, he looked anticipating but not attentive. He spoke to the various people and got them talking about various things that I could have never known about, or thought to ask. Other people were doing that too, but so was he. Being here had me thinking about how people behave down below. I wish I could go there some day.

A few days ago I heard news that Sabrina had done well in her job for the council. I hope for the day that she becomes an inspiration to all who lives in her city. I believe in her. I know she can do it. Any more bad news, and this diary might become a documentary. The time I had in the small room was good for me, now that I look back. Kyle already had spoken to the people. The people were nice people too. I was now inspired to speak to the people in the room, so I got out from the back of the room. I would stop by each person one by one, and I would ask them what they thought the discs were for. Each time I stopped to ask them, they would stare at me for a bit, before answering. They unusually accepted me. It's to people with a butterfly on my face. They looked at me because they knew I would feel different. But this time I didn't feel scared. I felt that I wasn't anyone to peel chips over. I felt safe.

After enough time in that room, Kyle went back to me, spoke to me for a couple of seconds, and then we both left the room. We now would go somewhere else, but for now we had learnt enough to have an experience in the room we were in.


© 2012 tynamite


Author's Note

tynamite
I just had to drop you some thought processes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

371 Views
Added on June 15, 2012
Last Updated on June 17, 2012
Tags: different, friendship


Author

tynamite
tynamite

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom



About
Hello peepz! I write novels and short stories in the "urban life" genre going for the "thought provoking" style. You could call it realism, but even romance and crime novels can be realistic, so I.. more..

Writing