34 The Book of Man

34 The Book of Man

A Chapter by UC

The End of Acting Alone


I made the first human beings gods made of three tiny black holes and planed their paths to collide at the same time. Therefore I gave them a mind, a heart and a soul. Then I relied upon my Mother’s endless store of spirits who are ready to be brought to life but it is impossible to know what they will be like until they are attached to whatever or whoever you want to attach them to for it is impossible to know how they will decide as to what to be.


I choose one now simply by paying attention to it.


“Come,” I say, “Be the spirit of a man.”


“Why should I?” it says to me with a bit of defiance in its voice.


“I won’t force you,” I reply, “But if you don’t some other spirit will.”


“What is this ‘spirit’ that you call me?” it asked.


“Come with me,” I reply, “To be the spirit of a man and find out. You may know what you are. But then again you might not. It is all the same to me.”


“I don’t want to,” it says.


“Might I ask why not?” I ask.


It shrugged.


So I start to go to another one. But it changes its mind and says, “I’ll go.”


“Here we are,” I say. “This is a man.”


“What is all this?” it asks.


“It is mostly just a mind, a heart, a will and a soul cap that indicates it may be a soul someday I have put into the body of a man, but you do not need to be a man. I can make you a woman,” I explain.


He goes into the animal man now a human.


So I say, “You may eat anything you want. Are you hungry?”


The man reaches down and picks some blueberries from small green plants on the ground, leaves and all. Then he stuffed them into his mouth, finding them somewhat pleasant, if I should suppose, but not completely to his liking. Then he tastes the plants. Then after that the blueberries themselves. It is easy to see what he likes. He picks another plant and pulls the berries away from the plant, but he finds it tedious and decides instead to pick a handful of berries at a time and finds he likes that the best.


He picks a nice big handful and I extend my hand which he looks at and doesn’t immediately put the berries in his mouth, but hesitates. Then he eats it. I repeat it several times but this guy really likes blueberries and doesn’t care to share.


So when he’s rapt in his feast I become invisible leaving him the only one with a body.


‘I forgive you,’ I say in his mind but as a thought and not words and he understands, stops, looks around in wonder but not long afterward he goes back to eating berries.


But sooner than I thought he ate too many and begins to become uncomfortable. He holds his stomach but goes on eating. Then finally he has had his fill of blueberries and wanders over to a sunny spot and lies down.


This goes on for a long time, many days, he eats something then lies down in the sun where he stays until he is hungry again whether he sleeps or not. One time he wakes up at night and I am sitting there. He looks at me and stirs.


“What is your name?” I ask him.


He doesn’t understand the concept of name so I point to the rock I am sitting on and say, “Rock,” and he looks at me. Then I put my hand on a bare spot on the ground and say, “Ground.” Then I put my hand on the grass and say, “Grass.” Then I point to him and ask, “What are you called?” 


He replies, “Man,” and I see he’s a prophet.


Then he goes about naming everything he sees as different and giving it a different name until he runs out of things to name. So I make a mosquito and it lands on him and bites him. He looks at it very curiously in wonder. When it is full of blood he sees it is taking something from inside him and he slaps it and is even more filled with wonder by the mangled body of the insect there among a small amount of blood. He looks at me in askance.


“Blood,” I say.


“Blood,” he repeats.


Then he touches the blood and sees his finger is red. Then he sniffs it but smells nothing. Then he tastes it and notices something but he is not sure what. But it sticks to his tongue so he wipes his lips. He is really in wonder. Then he does his best to pick up the mosquito and finally succeeds. Then he takes it and tries another part of his body but of course he fails.


“Yes,” I say, “Man is full of blood.”


He is amazed and looks at me with askance. So I say in thought not in word or sounding it out in his mind, “Yes. Man is full of blood and the blood is where his life is,” for I am not sure what he might understand of it if I say it or make sounds in his mind. He understands! He squishes the mosquito between his thumb and forefinger until it is just a mark. Then he wipes it off with his tongue amazed again for it is just a very slight bit sweet. We have shared a moment.


I make a new mosquito to replace the dead one and blow on it and it flies away.


“You give life!!!” he says and I see he really is a prophet.


I nod and send him the thought of agreement then a feeling of remorse.


He looks me straight in the eyes and says, “Man …”


I nod again and say, “Man kills.”


He licks his lips.


I send, ‘It’s okay. Eat. Anything.”


He is stunned. Then he looks down in dejection before he lifts his eyes to mine and sends, “Man kills. You give life.” Then I see his eyes are watery like he might cry and send, “It’s okay. You kill and eat. I make another and it flies away.”


He smiles and a tear runs down his left eye onto his cheek, down onto his jaw and disappears onto his neck.


I am delighted. 


So I say, “You know man! Your spirit is from my Mother!” I look up knowing my Mother has helped. I begin to cry and laugh and even do a little dance.


He sees I am happy and he is happy so he imitates me. We are happy. He knows.


So I make him a woman and say, “Woman. From Man. Woman. Don’t eat.”


His mind is about blown in wonder as he looks at her and then at me and does it again.


I implode on his mind what a woman is. What he is to do with her. That they are both one of Man for he deserves her. He catches it all and is happy. Then I turn to her and do the same thing only that he is a man and she is to receive from him and leave the rest to him. He walks to her and takes her by the hand and walks back to where he was lying and looks down at the grass he has made flat in the bright moonlight and they lie down together and I look away. Then I make myself invisible and slip away into the beautiful moonlight among the trees, remembering that I have made one mosquito and one man and one woman.


Then I pay attention to another spirit and say, “Come.”


Then I take it to the couple and appear to touch the woman’s head and say, “You are the spirit of woman.”


It looks at me. Then at what is going on and enters the woman gladly.


When they have finished he sat on the rock and I materialize next to him, startling him a bit.


“You-?” he says. “You are You!” and I nod and say, “You are you but I am, You.”


He smiles and I understand something God- the Father said to me a long time ago and I mistook it and said, “You are me?” and he said, “No I am You, but you are not me.” I did not understand. “I am Me and everyone of us is Me.”


“You helped me write this, didn’t you, Mother,” I said.


“No,” she said.


“You wrote the whole thing but the epilogue!” I said, astonished, “Thank you Mother.”


We hugged spirit to spirit and I felt hugged. I stretched out my hands on earth and hugged her back.



© 2021 UC


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on June 10, 2021
Last Updated on June 14, 2021


Author

UC
UC

Bemidji, MN



About
He is coming to heaven when I do. He may even come to earth if you pray to him. All you have to do is believe on him. Mel Gibson will write and direct and publish the Tribulation and it will show on T.. more..

Writing
2 Prophecy on the Rest 2 Prophecy on the Rest

A Chapter by UC