Chapter 1: Invasion

Chapter 1: Invasion

A Chapter by John P. Eiler
"

Luco sets off to find a home.

"

                After the fight was done, I was surrounded in coins and covered in blood. I loved my job: Sword fighting. It hurts at first, but once you get cut up enough you feel nothing. That’s why I always won.

                My name is Luco. You probably already guessed it, but I fight in the streets for money. Yeah, sounds painful and not-even-close to fun, but I love it for the money. I’ve never lost a match in 3 years.

People see me with my scars in the streets, and they never would even dare touch me. Just about everyone knows who I am, and that makes me dangerous to them. Yet life wasn’t good for me back then. It’s a long story, so sit back and listen to how I got here:

 

                Forians threw fire at my city like maniacs. People ran around grabbing their children, crying for mercy. I was only eleven ( now 19 ), and I didn’t understand politics and war. Pretty much, I had no idea what was going on. My parents had built an underground room in our home. There was some toys, barrels of wine, and a basket of bread. I had no idea what it was, but I knew I would use it. My parents had left me in there alone during the invasion, and they said they’d never see me again. All I could do was sob. At first, there was loud explosions outside our house, but then it grew quiet.

I pushed open the trap door and everything was different. My entire house was destroyed, I could see that most of the houses around were destroyed too. I walked out of the rubble. There lay skeletons, people kneeling at them and sobbing. I wasn’t sure if my parents were dead, but my life was gone as I knew it. So I ran off to somewhere�"Yet I didn’t exactly know where.

 

I took a small break at a little village where fellow Terabians wandered and went with their business. I sat at a small inn, where a bartender sold wine and drinks. I asked for wine, since my parents were somewhere  else and I could do what I want.

“How old are you, kid?” The bartender asked rudely.

“Eleven,” I said happily, hoping for some wine.

The bartender sniffed and rubbed his eyes. “You’re not old enough to drink this stuff.”

I grabbed the bartender angrily. “Look at me! My entire city was destroyed, I have no money, and I have NO PARENTS!”

The bartender, scratching his ugly beard nodded. “Fine, but you’re going to leave here once you get this drink, you hear me?”

I nodded. I kind of wanted to leave the rude bartender anyway. So the bartender handed me his drink and I left the inn, grateful for a drink. Maybe with sympathy like this, I thought, I could find a pretty nice place to stay.   



© 2010 John P. Eiler


Author's Note

John P. Eiler
Yes I know it's short, because I plan on this being a short book, almost a short story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on July 28, 2010
Last Updated on July 28, 2010


Author

John P. Eiler
John P. Eiler

Irving, TX



About
I'm a young writer, and I love poetry and fantasy stories. I've never finished a book, but I like to write for fun. I also love to play music. I play instruments such as the Piano, Guitar, and even th.. more..

Writing