Chapter 2: Forian Mind Reader

Chapter 2: Forian Mind Reader

A Chapter by John P. Eiler
"

A man causes Luco some trouble in the Great Terabian Dunes.

"

I stayed at the inn that night, avoiding the bartender.  The wine knocked me out, so I got a pretty good night’s sleep. The next day, I left the village.

                I reached the Great Terabian Dunes after an hour of walking. The problem was that it was the hottest day I lived in my life. I thought I wouldn’t last, until a carriage stopped by and a man dressed in desert clothing let me have a ride.

                “You look very thirsty and hot.” He handed me a vase of water and some proper clothes. “Take this.” I put on the clothes and chugged down the water.

                “Thank you, sir,” I said to the man. “Why would you pick me up?”

                “I enjoy being nice to people,” the man said. “I’m on my way to a shelter for the people who lost their home in the siege yesterday.” My heart jumped. This man was from my city!

                “I was in that attack too!” I exclaimed.

                “Sad, isn’t it? Where are your parents?”

                I sighed. “I don’t know. Either they died or they ran away from me. I saw them last when the attack happened.”

                “I’m sorry, child,” the man said. “Not for your parents. For this.” All of the sudden he swiftly pushed the carriage on its side. He escaped just in time, yet I fell to the ground and passed out.

 

**********

 

                “Wake up,” a man said. “Wake up!”

                I woke up, screaming. “Where am I?”

                “Calm down. You’re in an inn.” I looked up. People were watching me as they drank wine. At least I was safe. “We found you in that carriage. You were attacked by Forian Mind Readers. They figure out where you’re going and act like they’re going to the same place.”

                I nodded my head. “Exactly what happened to me.”

                The man helped me up and sat me down at a table. “I’ll get you a wine.” I found it funny that somebody offered me a wine, while the bartender at the other village nearly declined my request.

                The man handed me a wine. “I’ll let you stay here for now. If there’s any place you need me to take you to, I will help.”

                I thanked the man, and drank my wine. “I need a home,” I said. “A home safe from Forians.”

                “I can take you there,” the man said. “No worries.”   



© 2010 John P. Eiler


Author's Note

John P. Eiler
Proper desert wear consists of scarves covering the head ( except face,) a thick robe, and Terabian Puff Flower in the pocket, which is said to keep off curses of the desert.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on July 30, 2010
Last Updated on July 30, 2010


Author

John P. Eiler
John P. Eiler

Irving, TX



About
I'm a young writer, and I love poetry and fantasy stories. I've never finished a book, but I like to write for fun. I also love to play music. I play instruments such as the Piano, Guitar, and even th.. more..

Writing