Mojave Mind

Mojave Mind

A Poem by KeelyJane

I long for the empty space
between thought and memory

Absent of wonder
ponderless, worry free

A Mojave mind
desolate and still

Thoughtless and empty
nothingness, mind kill

© 2019 KeelyJane


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You know when you read something you can imagine someone to narrated it? When I read this my inner narrator was Anthony Hopkins.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Having spent a little time in the Mojave, this title drew me in. With just a few words, you've expressed some strong thoughts and vivid images. Yeah, I could enjoy having a mind like the Mojave.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I do like the term. "A Mojave mind". Nice to allow the mind to relax. Hard to do sometime. Very nice use of words. I did like them and thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


Hmm...I'm no expert so I don't know what motivates people to lay bare their souls like this. I don't think anybody's response in a review can provide the remedy. Your statements do just that, they state the problem in the same way as someone saying "I'm depressed" but the words do not convey the agony and the pain because they are too direct. It's only my opinion but the technique required is more oblique and is achieved by sleight of hand, by the side door if necessary, through imagery rather than 'coming-out-with-it direct bald statments.

Posted 5 Years Ago


"The Nothing" seems attractive when all you have is ...what seems already past. OR you really really really don't need to deal anymore.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 3, 2019
Last Updated on February 3, 2019

Author

KeelyJane
KeelyJane

Albuquerque, NM



About
I'm just a girl with a lifetime of experiences. I've taken from those experiences what can be put into words and poetically put them together to share with all of you. These are my contributions. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Feed Me Feed Me

A Poem by KeelyJane


Thank You Thank You

A Poem by Diane