October 2: Is She or Isn't She...

October 2: Is She or Isn't She...

A Chapter by Katy X
"

Wherein Katy attempts to define life, death and undeath...

"

October 2

Well, “Ashley” is in.  In the end it was unanimous, though surprisingly, Miranda was the holdout.  Though I suppose it makes sense… I have to say that I have to say that I also have mixed feelings. I won’t tell you anything that I didn’t tell Ashley to her face (because obviously it’s out there… you’re reading it, right?)

Like I said… I like the girl. And I know that I mentioned she’s really pretty.  Maybe too pretty.  She’s one of those hot girls.  Maybe even too hot… like, a little... overdone.  And I’m not saying this out of jealousy. 

Well, not much.

Look, I already said that Taylor is super pretty, sexy even, but she does that without looking as though she’s really trying (even though she is).  But she doesn’t flash a lot of skin.  Ashley, on the other hand, was doing the whole sexy school girl thing… you know: a plaid micro skirt, stockings with garters, high heeled Mary-Janes.  Oh, and a blouse that barely covered her belly button.  I guess there are advantages to not feeling heat or cold…

So that brings me to my final point.  I’m not sure she’s really eligible.

The problem?

She’s not dead.  That is to say, she’s never died.  None of us is actually dead… it’s kind of an insult to say we are.  Dead people are a total bore at parties:  they don’t listen.  They don’t talk.  They don’t even move.  Eventually get buried and don’t get up again.  They stay put until they eventually turn to dust.

We are not like that.  For one thing, we are a lot of fun at parties. 

But we’ve all been there.  We’ve died, and actually been dead for some length of time, whether minutes, hours or days.  And then something happened (obviously it was different for each of us), and we “woke up”.  We weren’t dead anymore.  But we weren’t really alive, either.  Not in the conventional sense.  But Ashley isn’t like us.  She didn’t die. 

So why did we include her?  Well, for one thing, she wasn’t born, either.  She was made.  From dust, actually.  She’s a Golem. 

So, she’s not really alive either, which is something we all have in common. I mean, you can’t share a Chai Latte and a conversation with someone who isn’t a person, can you? I’m not going to quibble about details.

Besides, after a rare bout of moodiness, Miranda gave the okay.  So that meant that all the other girls all voted yes, and it would have been awkward to make a stink. 

I’m nothing if not a team player.

X



© 2012 Katy X


Author's Note

Katy X
this is a serialized novel written as a series of blog entries
for more, go to
http://www.undeadgirlsonlinesupportgroup.com
and
http://bit.ly/undying

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on December 3, 2012
Last Updated on December 3, 2012
Tags: undead, serialized, supernatural, occult, fantasy, romance, young adult, teenager, vampire, ghost, zombie, dybbuk, golem, paranormal


Author

Katy X
Katy X

Secret Location



About
I'm a student, a digital artist, and member of the undead. But that doesn't mean I don't have a story to tell... more..

Writing