Izzy and Abby

Izzy and Abby

A Story by Calypso
"

A story of how two twins found themselves.

"

The twins’ names are Izzy and Abby. The two got along, but they would calmly disagree on things. When they were small Izzy and Abby would have fun through being a twin, but in middle school each wanted their own sense of independence.

            Kind and gentle as a child Izzy realized that she belonged volunteering threw school clubs. Abby wasn’t so sure about where she would fit, so she joined the cooking club.

            Most of the time they knew each other so well, they were close to being the perfect clones. Yet each other’s personality differences were very clear to the twin’s parents, but to outsiders they looked and acted the same.

            Abby, reserved yet confident in nature, made sure that people know the difference only when necessary. Izzy used her taste in style to show that she was different not only from her twin, but different from society’s standards. 

            Lovingly their mother coined them with the titles Izzy the Pure Rebel and Abby the Hidden Strength. To others there wasn’t much a difference, but to the girls the title were like night and day. It was one way, not that way.

            Izzy never took the time to dismay her sister and declare her true intensions, but she would change personalities one day and go back to her old nerdy ways in weeks. In return Abby would pick up stereotypical characteristics that were the polar opposites of her sister’s current style, but in the end she always became similar to Izzy. It was a never ending chase to find who they were before they became adults.

            High school was no different. After Izzy would date someone (which was rare) and dump them Abby would pick up an interest in the boy. Tired of her sister dating her ex’s Izzy mussed going gay so that Abby wouldn’t steal her ex-boyfriends again, but she realized that she was too straight to suddenly change sexual orientation.

            Day after day they spent time planning their days out to the tee. Izzy would pick out clothes for her current fade, and Abby tried her hardest to oppose her twin’s style. They planned who they would talk to and what they would talk about. Even meals were planned, just so Izzy and Abby lived different lives. Little did they know they were very similar in habits.

            They were always kind to each other. The sisters had made an unspoken pack to never talk ill of each other. Even if they had friends that detested each other, if Izzy or Abby had something bad to say to her sister, they kept their mouths shut.

            All threw high school they were threw a cycle after cycle. First it started with learning of a something. Then they learned more about it, and soon in time they started to what ever it was. Sometimes the actives were harmless, but other time they were dangerous.

            Izzy and Abby both had their fair share of experiences with bad actives. While Izzy snorted pain killers, Abby was huffing. While Izzy was giving oral sex to a random boy, Abby was having anal sex. When Izzy got a tattoo of a skull on her hip she thought she had finally speared herself, she wasn’t a clone anymore.

            After the tattoo healed the first person she told was Abby. She wanted to see the look on Abby’s face when she saw the tattoo. Nevertheless, Abby also had a tattoo, of a cat, on her hip.

            That was the straw that broke the camel’s back. After graduating high school Izzy moved out of state and never talked to her sister again.

            While Izzy was in New York raising a family Abby was in their home town living on the streets. While Izzy took her first child to their first day of school, Abby was trying to find food to eat. While Izzy was getting a divorce Abby had feel in love. While Izzy was living alone, Abby was getting married.

While Izzy was living off of paycheck to paycheck, Abby had a well paying job.

            Over the past thirty years they had only thought of each other a few times. When Izzy or Abby remember their twin it was like an open wound. Finally Abby decided to look for Izzy. Ironically she did have to look far, because she moved back into their mom’s house after the mom died.

            They talked things over and realized all the feuds were silly. They realized that, yes they were twins, but also they were individuals. They had spent their whole lives trying to prove that they were different. It came like a revaluation that they had always been different and the twins hugged, cried and said sorry all the while thanking God that clones aren’t real.

© 2010 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on March 7, 2010
Last Updated on March 7, 2010
Tags: Twins, individuality

Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso