Chapter 21

Chapter 21

A Chapter by Calypso

Chapter 21

 

            The knock on the door surprised me. I waited for another knock, but it never came. My heart beat faster as I walked to the window and peaked out of the corner of it. A man was knocking on the door of a van. Finally the van door opened and he jumped in.

            I sighed deeply when the man was gone. I sat at the table and laid my head on it.

            “I wanna go home.” I whined lowly. At home was the pills, at home was my bed; I’m better off going home and facing up to what I did.

            My stomach hurt and my head pounded. Every sound echoed inside my head.

            I went to my messenger bag to get out some clothes. When I did a small envelope fell out. It was the letter Mrs. Davis sent me.

            I slowly opened the envelope and read what was inside.

            Dear Wilma,

                        Please read his whole letter be fore getting rid of it. I’m telling you about God. Ever think about where Kiya is now? She’s in heaven. And that’s because she excepted Jesus as her savior. You can do this also. I pray for you and your family, I care deeply about you. I know life isn’t easy, and when the earth was created life was made to be easy, but sin entered the world and changed that. As a Christian I still have some tough times, but even when I think no one is listening I know God is there for me. You can except Him in your life by confessing that you were born a sinner threw prayer. I hope to see you soon

            Sincerely,

                        Mrs. Davis

 

            After reading it I cried for a minute, quickly wiping away tears before they could hit the floor. One thing was sure, I needed someone to care now. I shoved the letter into the envelope and tucked the money into my pocket.

            After dressing I went back to sleep. Once again my dreams were disturbing, after a ten minute nap I woke up. I wanted to scream. I couldn’t sleep, my head hurt and the anxiety was slowly suffocating me.

            “I’m going home.” I said to the empty room. I jumped out off bed and quickly packed my bags. I knew where I was going I just didn’t know how to get there.

            Before I knew it I was leaving the room and taking my key to the front desk. The man asked me a few questions and I was on my way out. The air had a bite to it, so I was more frantic to find a way home. 

            I rushed into the bus and covered my face with a hood as the bus sped away. The people around me looked as down and out of life as I was. Their eyes were sunken in and they had frowns. The sadness seeped the air around me. The sky looked gray and one older women whispered into her husband’s ear that rain might be coming. My gaze stayed outside.

The world passing me never looked up, all they saw was their life. So how did running away solve anything? I had been watching the newspaper to talk about me missing, but the papers never covered me. It almost as if I’m alone in this world, and it’s been this way since I was born. Although I was born with a twin destiny made sure we were apart, with no place to call home I have to wonder who has loved me all this while? Have I been loved since the day I was born? So what now the closet person in my life is dead and I’m alone once more. Did God see me above my imperfections? Does he see the tears, the stress, and anguish. I was ready to except all Mrs. Davis said.

I could fell the hole in my chest grow. I wanted to see the person closet in my life, but all I had to see was a grave, and I owe Kiya to visit Kiya once in her final resting place. When I decided on this I had a tough time breathing. It was if the thought of see her burial place made the hole in my chest gaping wide. I grabbed my stomach felling as if I was about to be sick. Back when I was six I used to fight with my foster mom to go to the doctor and now seeing Kiya’s grave felt the same. If I went to the gave I shouldn’t be held responsible for what I do. I shouldn’t be held responsible for anything I’ve done in life.

I watched the people leave one by one, but my nerves were untamed so I curled up into my seat and blankly watched people leave.

As soon as I saw a sing with my town name I stood up.

“Sit back down” The driver barked.

I slowly nodded my head, “Just let me off here.”

“Are you crazy? It’s about to rain.”

Threw the dirty window I could see the gray clouds becoming thicker. “This is near my house.” Which was true. I had planned to run to Kiya’s grave and then go home. The grave yard and my home wasn’t too far apart.

He paused before opening the door. I gave him his money and I was off. 

Running towards the grave yard I started to question what I was doing. Yet it was as if my feet knew where to go before I knew it I was standing in front of Kiya’s grave.



© 2011 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

that was great. nice wording and proper presentation, the flow of the story was beautiful. Liked it a lot.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
1 Review
Added on April 4, 2010
Last Updated on July 30, 2011


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso