June 12

June 12

A Chapter by Calypso

June 12

Today I signed up for my classes. Janna came to me during breakfast this morning. Since it’s summer I only had to take one core class (English, math, history or science. I chose English) and one elective (I chose photography).

My day started off fast paced. I was woken up at six a.m. and I had to shower, make my bed and get cleaned up before going to breakfast. We were given an hour to eat all that was on ourplate. I hated it so much. I started to become angry at the potions of food. Janna told me though that the portions were small by normal standards. A girl a few tables down from me threw a fit because she said she didn’t want to eat her eggs. I wanted to tell her that none of the bulimics or anorexics wanted to consume the fat, but had to. I ate my eggs and toast quietly, but the food bothered me during the classes.

In English the food I had ate was all I could think about. Mrs. Maxwell (my English teacher) gave us homework. I knew it would be easy; all I had to do was read a story and rewrite it as a poem. Photography was fun. We were give cameras and an assignment to take a picture of our shadow. School ended at twelve and after that we had an hour for lunch. From one to two we had art therapy then at two to four we had free time and at four to five we had group therapy. Then we had dinner and finally it was time to journal.

The part of the day that sticks in my head is group therapy. They had the girl bulimics with the girl over eaters. There were ten of us in a stuffed, smelly room.

An older women spoke up, “Hello everyone. Do you know why you are here?”

“Because my parents made too!” A beefy girl called out.

The women pinching the bridge of her nose. “Let me say it differently. Do you know why the bulimics and the over eaters are in the same room?”  

Everyone went quiet and finally a timid, larger girl said, “Because we both have problems with over eating.”

“Exactly! Thank you Paige. Would someone like to say something?”

No one did, so the women started out. “When I was a teen I would eat when I was depressed.”

The shy and timid girl from earlier spoke again, “I eat when I’m lonely. I don’t have friends.”

 “Well you have a friend in us.” Said the older women. “Why don’t we ask the new girl? What’s your name honey?”

“Aelge.”

“What a special name.” She said.

“What a weird name.” Someone mumbled distantly. A girl beside her elbowed the girl who said it.

“I hate my life. I wish I were gone. That’s why I binge and purge.” I mumbled softly.  

“So you want to die?”

“Yes, so that I’ll no longer have so many memories.”


© 2012 Calypso


Author's Note

Calypso
I'm having a hard time changing the extra large font. Forgive me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

“I hate my life. I wish I were gone. That’s why I binge and purge.” I mumbled softly.
“So you want to die?”
“Yes, so that I’ll no longer have so many memories.”
Wow. Powerful, very powerful. Awesome!
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Massive last line for a reason? I would hate going to this place. I don't think I could stand it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Calypso,

so you want to die?
"Yes, So that I'll no longer have so many memories."

Amen to that, miss.

You do have that typoe poRtions as daydreamer54 said...

I felt that same line was corney for that lady to say... "you'll have a friend in us" SURE>>>

Looking forward to June 13,

Legacy




Posted 12 Years Ago


This was a sad entry. The ending line is sticking with me. It's bothering me. I mean everyone has really bad memories...and it just bothers me that giving up is the only option. I like the emotions with this. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


potions-portions
sighned-signed.
"Then you'll have a friend in us." How lame was it for the woman to sa6y that.:P Great ending, i'm intrested to kniow what hapened to her.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This reads realistic on many levels and is interesting.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is a really great story so far, because of how realistic it is :) Wonderful chapter! That ending is eating at me, and i want to finish this review to get onto june 13th!

xoxo Caitlyn xoxo

Posted 13 Years Ago


okay, thats it i must read this whole thing! you got me hooked by that last line. Now i can't stop reading, well done! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great job at grabbing my emotions. I'm hooked.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, I was okay with this story, emotionally wise until the last two sentences. And now I'll honestly say i'm hooked. I've wanted to die many times for the same reason, too many memories and too little of them good

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1047 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2010
Last Updated on April 19, 2012
Tags: Therapy, Bulimia, Pastor's kid, journal, rehab


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


June 11 June 11

A Chapter by Calypso


June 10 June 10

A Chapter by Calypso