June 16

June 16

A Chapter by Calypso

June 16

            Mr. Cooper liked my photos. When we went into the red room and my developed photos. Mr. Cooper marveled on how my arm was over my head. He said I had a talent when it came to photography, but I was sure he was just saying it because he told everyone that his or her work was good. Our next assignment is for you to take a picture of how we think we’ll look when we’re old. We have a week to do the assignment and I haven’t started working on it yet.

During free time I had to go the doctor. Apparently I’ve gained ten pounds in one week. They’re proud of me but I’m not happy. Now that I weight 90 pounds I feel bloated and full. I have problem eating its just keeping all the food down that kills me. The doctor prescribed Prozac for me. He wants me to take 10 mg for the first week and then 20 mg for as long as he wants me to. I have to take the pills at night. To get the pills I have to stand in line at a window and get my medicine. The doctor told me it would be best if I came to the window an hour before bed.

During group therapy the weight was all I could think about. I hid the best I could so I could cry in peace. I didn’t want anyone scolding me and I didn’t want anyone to pay attention to me.

I had a hard time not being seen my group was there only (every group therapy we go to a different room and have different people with us or we are alone). The four other girls in my group were talking about how overeating was like a security blanket. I only spoke when I had to.

“My favorite food to binge on is ice cream.” The red hair girl named Eva then added. “Emotions or not.”

Two other girls to her right laughed. The girl named Mary Jo said, “I love potato chips, love them.”

“How to you feel when you eat potato chips now Mary Jo?” Janna asked (Counselors lead the group therapy).  

Her smile faded off of her face. “Yucky. As if I’m covered in grease.”

“Covered in grease?” Janna arched her eyebrow.

“Sounds kinky.” Eva laughed. Eva is such a class clown. The other girl to Eva’s left, April, shook her head. The fourth girl Morgan asked to go to the bathroom.

“In a minute Morgan. First why don’t you tell me about one of your trouble foods.”

She thought for a second. “Eggs. We had eggs the other day and I wanted to say something but that other girl already did.”

“Why eggs?”

“Think of where it come from?”

“So anything that is laid by an animal creeps you out?”

“No just chicken. I was attacked my a chicken when I was little.”

“So now your scared food will attack you, right?” Janna asked.  

Morgan sighed and responded, “Janna I really need to use the bathroom.”  

“Stay here girls I’ll be back.”

Janna took Morgan to the bathroom. When she came back she came back with one more person. “Let’s go to dinner girls, but Aelge I want you to stay here with me. Everyone else you’ll be going with Helena.”

I started to gush tears as soon as they left. It reminded me of when I would get in trouble with my Dad as a child.

Janna came up to me with a fist full of tissues.

“Are you okay?”

“I guess so.”

“What’s wrong?”

“I gained ten pounds.”

“That’s a good thing.”

“No it isn’t! It means that I’ll soon be some fat teen.”

“Aelge, dear, your very underweight. You need to gain at least 50 more pounds to be healthy.” She tucked a lock of hair behind my ears.

“You just don’t understand!” I yelled standing up.

Janna grabbed a hold of my shoulders and looked me deeply in the eyes. “Everything’s going to be okay, trust me. I care so much. I don’t want to see you dead.”

She then embraced me and I felt warm and fuzzy being hugged. Later on I felt guilty and I started to think of ways I could make it up to her.

 



© 2010 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

How sweet~ I just want to point out that normally when you take anti depressants like Prozac, they are taken in the morning. They don't do much for you at night.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was a good chapter. I think you did a really nice job on this. I really feel bad for her. I feel as if she just feels fat, but she isn't. If she was only eight pounds then that's not a good thing. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


my a chicken-by
Awesome you made it a bit longer and it's called a dark room not a red room,bit it is red, so why do they call it a dark room when it's not? hm, food for thought. :p

Posted 13 Years Ago


I can't stop reading. You've created a world, not just a single person.
Sorry about all the reviews, chapter by chapter, if it is bothering you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


They're trying to help her of course but she doesn't want it and they are the enemy to her. No one understansds that but people like that.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, poor Aelge, but she does need to gain weight and they are doing the right thing so that she doesn't die. She will keep feeling guilty until she is finally done with all of her sessions

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great chapter. I know the guilty feeling of gaining weight. I went through that. Very realistic story. I'm enjoying this book a lot.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

705 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2010
Last Updated on December 30, 2010


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Memory Memory

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Never Never

A Poem by Manda