June 18

June 18

A Chapter by Calypso

June 18

            Guess who I saw today, Dad.

On Sundays the time for school is replaced by time for church. First we have a study group (they divide us up on problem from the four treatments they offer. Psychological addicts, drug addicts, alcoholics and those with eating disorder). The bulimics were having a study group on Revelations. I saw given a workbook and homework. I have to read five chapters before next Sunday and fill out the workbook.

I saw Dad when we were switching classes.

“Dad.” I said calmly.

As soon as he saw me he embraced me in a hug.

“Let me see you. You look even more beautiful then last Sunday.”

“Why are you here Dad?”

“I’m teaching the classes for the alcoholics and drug addicts.”

Before leaving he hugged me once more and kissed me on the forehead.

After seeing Dad I went to my second class. There we were studying on Psalms. I was also given a workbook for Psalms and about ten chapters to read.

After the second class we were dismissed to lunch.  Dad asked if he could go with me to lunch. Janna told him yes.

While waiting in line for food Dad and I talked about music and my classes.

“I talked to your counselor.” He said when we sat down at the table.

“She said that you were a great girl and we were behaving well. She also said you was out on Prozac. That should help you Aelge.”

We had a lunch of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and peas. Dad could tell I was struggling to hold it down.  

Dad noticed the camera hanging around my neck( As of today I’ve taken a notion to carry around the camera with me at all times. You never know when you’ll find the perfect picture). He asked me where the camera came from. I told him that it was Bryant’s camera. He told me that if I stick with it he’ll give me a professional camera as a gift when I’m released.

Dad left at about 1, right before music therapy.

In music therapy I played the drums with my favorite beat, 1 e and a 2. The volunteer said that I had a good rhythm, I thanked her told her I was a drummer in a band back home. She tried to talk to me more, but I had to leave.

As we were walking to free time (which is always in the library) I started to think about my band back home. We were called Shadow Man and we were a Christian metal band. The lead singer was a girl who lived in the same neighborhood as me. The bass was the head pastor’s son and his twin sister was one of the guitarist. The other was a boy who lived down the street from the twins.

During my second free time I thought about writing a letter to the twins. I only had my Psalms workbook so I made a mental note for me to write them a letter tomorrow.    



© 2010 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's cool that she got to see her father. And I really would hate it there if you were forced into Christian Studies. it must be some sort of Christian Eating Disorder place then? I didn't know they had them, but hey, maybe they do! I'm an Animist, and I'm fairly certain no Animist places like this exist. I should build one...

Posted 12 Years Ago


I liked this write. It was sad and cute. I love her dad for some reason. I love that she was in a band. I would have loved to play in a band, but I would have to be the singer. Good write. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


threw gifts-through. i liked that u give us a bit information about her. that's awesome that she was in a band, it's a good name for a band too. Shadow Man. ^^

Posted 13 Years Ago


Still riveted.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This book just keeps getting better and better! I'm very glad that hr dad came and visited her!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very interesting chapter about her life in the hospital. At least she wasn't too upset about her dad being there or for him to be around her while she ate. Some girls with eating disorders don't like to be watched while they eat.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

683 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2010
Last Updated on December 30, 2010


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


June 12 June 12

A Chapter by Calypso


June 17 June 17

A Chapter by Calypso