June 21

June 21

A Chapter by Calypso

June 21

            Janna remembered that it was my birthday today. During breakfast she had the whole cafeteria sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to me. I was embarrassed, but I bared it. The whole time I wanted to tell her stop. After leaving the embarrassment became less serve.

Yesterday Roman walked over to me during free time with swagger and confidence. This was during second free time and I was trying to do my English homework.

“Well, well if it isn’t my favorite girl.”  

I looked up at him but went back to my English homework. Yet all I could think about was his presence. He seemed so…

“Aelge?”

“Yes, Roman?”

He sat down in front of my and pulled out a deck of cards. Quietly he shuffled the cards and then started to pass out the cards. By the time he was done I had half a deck and so did he.

“How about a quick game of Rummy?”

I put my things in my bag and picked up the cards. Without out words we played the game until Roman finally slapped the cards and screamed, “Rummy!”

Then we started to talk after he screamed rummy.

“So let’s play a game.” I said.

“Besides the one we are already playing?”

“Yep, What’s your favorite color?”

“Aqua.”

“Favorite animal.”
"Deer.”

I paused so he continued, “Favorite ice cream flavor.”

            “Strawberry.Why are you here?” I asked finally. I felt blunt for asking him, but I really wanted to know.

He sat back into his seat. “Going right for the balls, aren't you? Prescription drug abuse. Pain killers to be exact.”  

We were quite for a second and humbly I mumbled, “Sorry I asked.”

“Don’t be. You get asked that a lot while you’re here.”

“Let me guess why you’re here, anorexia?”

“Naw, bulimia.”

We were quite and finally he said, “I wish you was heavier. You so beautiful now, imagine when your healthy.”

“You’re a flirt, aren’t you? Listen I don’t want to be a little fling and for you to go home and tell all your friends about me.” I saw secretly pissed by what he said.

“You don’t trust me do ya?”

“Let me just say that my heart has been broken a lot.”

After that the counselors said free time was over. Roman and I parted, but I was still thinking about him.

Because it’s Wednesday I has another appointment with Dr. Small. I told Dr. Small about Roman today. She told me that I should be careful and that getting a boyfriend right now might derail my treatment. In my defense I told I was having troubles even before I meet Roman.

“Roman had nothing to do with it, the food does.” I said. I also told her that at night I cry all the time and I pray that I will get sick so I will puke up my food.

She simply shook her head and wrote down what I said. After journal time today Janna's going to take my journal to her.

I hope you have fun Dr. Small.  



© 2011 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This really needs proofread. Like this chapter was obviously rushed from the typos. But it was still interesting

Posted 12 Years Ago


I thought this was an interesting chapter. Roman seems cool, but he shouldn't have been addicted to painkillers. That isn't a good thing at all. Can't wait to read on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


i really like this chapter, but i hope the thing with Roman does cause her any problems, only one way to find out i guess

*looking for the next chapter*

Posted 13 Years Ago


There are always idiots like that and I wonder if they know how much harm they do. Love the way you are keeping this up.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow this guy is really getting on her nerves. I love the way he talks though, I can just imagine that. He needs to understand her situation or not say anything at all.
Great chapter!

Posted 13 Years Ago


That guy saying he wanted her to get heavier, now that would have pissed me off and I wouldn't have wanted anything to do with him again. That, to me, is the worst thing you can say to someone with anorexia or bulimia. I just feel that way from my experience with an eating disorder.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

560 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2010
Last Updated on July 16, 2011


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Vampires Vampires

A Chapter by Marie Harrison