June 27

June 27

A Chapter by Calypso

June 27

            I woke up with my head pounding. Last night I wasn’t able to sleep well. Maybe because of worry, but then again I didn’t really have anything on my mind when I went to sleep.

            Earlier in the day I began to worry after school. I hadn’t turned in the essay that I was supposed to do because I was in the hospital. In photography I had to hurry up and develop the photos that were due today.

            During lunch and art therapy I thought about all the failures I seemed to gain in my life. I started out high school shy and having no place to really fit in. I didn’t dress right, so I was never popular. I could never sing or play an instrument well so anything music related was out of question. The instrument I did play (the piano) was of no use at my high school. I took a lot of art classes but there was always someone who was a better artist then me. Everyone I talked to was in honor classes and they were praised for being so smart. It seemed as if everyone had something they were good at, except me.

              As a child I ate when I was bored. I ate a lot more when Mom died in 2nd grade. This was mostly because of stress. In 5th grade Morana committed suicide and I ate more. Maybe stress, maybe more boredom either way I was a human blimp.

             I started purging in the beginning of 8th grade and the weight loss gained people’s attention, so in 9th grade it became worse. I wore clothes that were tighter, smaller. Boys talked to me and everyone told me how good I looked.

            I felt pride and honor knowing I could do something that on one else could, I could eat and lose weight.

            It wasn’t until April that people started telling me how sick I looked. Even Dad became worried. He would give me larger portions of food and I ate that only to purge later. When ever we had a church function Dad would spend his time watching me, making sure his youngest daughter was fine.

            Sometimes I wonder what he thought when I was found in the hospital covered in puke. Did he sigh with relief? Did he thank God that he knew my problem?

            In the last two weeks that I’ve seen him he seems… relived. Would his worry be as bad if Mom hadn’t died or Morana hadn’t committed suicide?

            In art therapy I thought about sending the clay frog to Dad. It almost seemed sad that the piece would just be thrown away. It looked bad and I knew it. I decided to send him the piece we were working on then. I had to make a watercolor of a rabbit.

           Later in art class I had a little fun.

           To my horror the art teacher had a photo of a stuffed rabbit posted on her board. She told us we had to copy it to our best abilities. I did so, but I add a bit of my personality to it.

            Instead of the rabbit standing straight up, it was lying on it’s side. The eyes were replaced by two ‘x’ s and it was cut up he middle with stuffing pouring out.

            When the art teacher saw it she shook her head sadly. She reiterated that we were supposed to copy it and I responded that was how I saw the rabbit.

            I decided that I wouldn’t send the watercolor to Dad, but I did take a photo of it in case Mr. Cooper, or even Roman, would find some humor in it.


© 2012 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice. I can understand his worry

Posted 12 Years Ago


When ever we had a church function Dad would spend his time watching me, making sure his youngest daughter was fine. whenevr we had a church function,

In the last two weeks that I’ve seen him he - in the last two weeks that i've seen him,
Ha, i knew she commited suicide! ^^ II know nothing to be happy about, it sad wat happened to her,but i was just glad i was right.


Posted 13 Years Ago


i can really relate to the part about fitting in at school. great chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thisi all too familiar a tale but it is none the less intersting and well told

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, now I am finally starting to understand a little bit of what caused Aelge to have an eating disorder.
School is never a great place for people, there is so much stereotyping and it can change a person forever!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Another really good chapter. There's some insight given on some things that caused her to develop an eating disorder.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

647 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 31, 2010
Last Updated on June 28, 2012


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


August 23 August 23

A Chapter by Calypso


July 20 July 20

A Chapter by Calypso


June 15 June 15

A Chapter by Calypso