July 5

July 5

A Chapter by Calypso

July 5

            I was so, so happy to see Roman today. It was during my first free time. He was sitting in an over-sized chair reading a Rolling Stones magazine. I was surprise to see him back to early.

            “Wow look at you, you look as you’ve gained a pounds since I was gone.”

            Jesus I knew I shouldn’t have eaten two s’mores. I wanted to slap him, or turn around and never speak to him again, but instead I sat by him.

            “Are you…?”

            I quickly whipped the tears from my eyes. As of late I feel so fat, but I wasn’t about verbally attack Roman for what he said.

            “I’m sorry,” he whispered.

            “It’s fine.” I sighed and neatly folded my hands on my lap.

            “Really I’m…”

            “How was yesterday?” I interrupted.

            He sat the magazine by him, “Fine.”

            I waited for him to say something else but thirty seconds passed without anything being said.

            “Roman, I…” I wasn’t sure what I could say. From the tone of his voice I knew things had went bad at home, but just saying ‘fine’ left a lot of questions to be asked.

            Pinching the bridge of his nose Roman continued, “I just hate home”

            “Let’s drop it and start over.” I finally said. I knew we both were getting deep in to our emotions.

            “Fine. I think you need to go the nurse.”

            I squinted “Why?”

            He lined in and whispered in my ear, “You have blood on your pants.”

            “Impossible I haven't had a period in a year.” I whispered.

            “Why don’t you go see the nurse before you become embarrassed? I’ll even take you to the nurse.”

            After thinking about it I nodded. As soon as I stood up Roman was behind me. He was holding a magazine over my butt.

            “What the…?” I whispered.

            “Just keeping it a secret.”

            We wobbled to Janna who was sitting by her self, watching the extremely long lines for the phones.  

            “Can I have a tampon?” I asked leaning in very close.

            Janna’s eyes grew very wide and she smiled. She acted like I was telling I was about to give birth. Janna jumped up from her seat and grabbed a hold of my hands.

            “I have no pads or tampons, but you should ask the nurse.” Then she added, “I’m so proud of you.”

            I knew I blushed a bright red but neither Roman nor Janna commented on it. I turned to Roman trying to not look at him, “I guess I’ll see you later.”

            “Ya you too.”



© 2012 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow she's come such a long way. I'm actually proud~ and this is only a story haha

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow I'm in love with this story. Roman and Aelge are acting human, not like characters in just another world nothing like ours.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This of course should be optimistic but it feels anythigng but to her.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hearing you've gained weight is like being told your a failure, that's realistic and getting your period back is just about as bad. It just says you're getting fat and all the hard work of losing the weight was for nothing.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

682 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 14, 2010
Last Updated on May 5, 2012


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


August 23 August 23

A Chapter by Calypso


June 16 June 16

A Chapter by Calypso


July 20 July 20

A Chapter by Calypso