It looks like purity

It looks like purity

A Chapter by Calypso

             Aden never expected what he saw. The house looked nice, but looks can be deceiving. There were three small children running about. Their faces were covered in something that looked like grape jelly, but Aden couldn’t care less. All he carried about what finding out about the aura of his foster parents.

            “Where are they?” He asked coolly. The smallest of the children paused in mid-step and bust out crying. 

            There was a bit of Hazel’s aura still floating inside him. He felt as compassionate for the child. Aden placed his bag by the steps and held the child until he stopped crying. All the while the other two (who happened to be a girl and another boy) watched in amazement. The little boy never tried to break from Aden’s grip.

            The child’s aura was sweet as honey and as pure as any virgin. There are times when he does have to drink human blood and when he does he likes to drink the blood of sweet, pure children.

            Somehow a person’s aura seeps into their blood and the aura dictates everything about the blood, its smell, color and flavor.

            His aura was a pastel blue. So soft in color that it reminded Aden of his baby blanket.

            Aden placed his nose onto the nook of the child’s neck. The small boy tried to squirm from his grip, but Aden was too strong.

            The other two children stood back and watched with a mixture. The girl, a child who looked too thin to eat from, started to look worried. She turned to the other boy, who looked large but Aden could tell the child’s blood would taste bland, and pocked him. Using her hands she gestured towards Aden and he caved.

            “Ummm… mister. Who are you?”

            Aden released the boy and he scurried off. 

            “Aden Backster.”

            The three looked at him blankly. Then they jumped when there was a loud bang in the kitchen.

            “Well damn it.” Someone cried.

            “Crystal! Crystal! There’s a big boy in here.”

            A woman with hard brown eyes and black long hair walked out into the foyer. She was wearing a pink lacey smock, something that looked too girly on her. In fact she looked like she could beat you up in a millisecond. Her aura was blood red.

            “As you may guess I’m Crystal.” She took the cigarette that was wedged in between her teeth and put it out

            Aden straightened his back “I’m sure you know me, or at least was expecting me.”

            Crystal’s eyes widen for a second but she composed herself.

            “Where will my room be?”

            Crystal raised her index finger towards the step. “Second door on the right.”

            As soon has Aden had his stuff unpacked he started to think of way he could break out during the night. He’s two years short of aging out of the system, but for now he was going to have to learn how to break every rule possible, give everyone the middle finger and charm the girl’s to death. 

            The window nearest to his bed looked the best to sneak out. Even the lock wiggled when he touched it. He couldn’t imagine why anyone would want to hunt him down or close him in, but he still wanted to take the steps he needed to.

            He stepped back and admired the humble room. The floors were a hard wood and a soft sand color and the walls where sheer white. Not the most welcoming decor, but that didn’t matter.

            Aden wasn’t going to be indoor much anyways.


© 2011 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this. I nearly had a heart attack when he almost drank that little boy's blood.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very interesting chapter. Like the dark feel to it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aden is a fascinating character and this is wondefully descriptive.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"She was wearing a pink lacey smock, something that looked too girly on her." Painted your picture perfectly here! :) Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thats exciting! Aden's such a jerk I almsot enjoy reading about him.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i love this! More more please!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love the description, very good

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice write, it was a great read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice job. I like it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 22, 2011
Last Updated on April 4, 2011
Tags: vampire, aura


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


August 23 August 23

A Chapter by Calypso