July 30

July 30

A Chapter by Calypso

July 30

            Jamie saw me before I could see her. I could tell by now she was becoming suspicious of me.

            “You must spend a lot of time volunteering.” She said it innocently, but I knew she was on a bigger mission.

            I had just finished reading the latest Seventeen. I wasn’t trying to catch up on the latest fashion; I was trying to ignore Jamie as long I could.

            I placed the magazine into a cardboard box by my feet “Not really.”

            “Oh,” Janie’s face went blank “But why are you here?”

            My looked Jamie right in the eye and said, “I’m a patient. I have bulimia.”

            Her eyebrows rose quickly. I could tell she was looking for the right words to say. As she thought he jaws moved up and down. It was almost like she was chewing on her words.

            “I’m sorry.” She said it with a measure of false sympathy. There was a bit of a question in her voice.

            I stepped away from her and to computer. Jamie didn’t want to fallow instead she went off to the same boy she read Harry Potter to.

            I went on Facebook and talked to Abigail. I was mostly trying to get Jamie out of my mind. 

            It wasn’t until I knocked the mouse off and I lollopped off did come face to face with her.

            “I’m sorry,” She said shyly.

            “Oh really.” I started sarcastically “I’m glad to know you’re sorry.”

            Jamie looked crestfallen “I’m sorry if I said anything…”

            I shook my head. I knew I was just taking out my anger out on her. She is one of those teens whose family is perfect and has never had to deal with the things I’ve gone threw.

            I have always been jealous towards the teens at my church. I know most of them and have been going to church with them since we were in diapers. I’ve had many problems while their lives are so prefect. They are spoiled beyond measure too.

            I didn’t know what to say to Jamie but I felt like trash all of the sudden. Maybe ‘I’m sorry’ will appease her. By the time I had decided what I would say Jamie was gone and I was left with my guilt.

            I had a huge wave of nausea that didn’t leave until I puked into the floor. Janna looked like she wasn’t sure if I was sick or I meant for it to happen.

            I told her I was sick; she brought me a mini can of ginger ale. I still fell like trash. Jamie went on with her volunteering and I felt smaller and more immature as time passed.

            I wasn’t sure if I should say anything.


© 2011 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poor girl.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Random font issue again. And this really needed some proofreading. But it was an interesting chapter. I know my family looks perfect on the outside, but inside we are an utter mess

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great chapter. That confrontation with the other girl was engaging.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was another great instalment. Please keep me informed when you do more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It took me about less than an hour to read this book, and I LOVE IT! This is actually amazing, and please keep me read-requested as soon as you update!

xoxo Caitlyn xoxo

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great chapter! The I noticed you use threw instead of through a lot.
Anyway, another great addition to the story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


good chapter! looking forward to the next one! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

676 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2011
Last Updated on January 24, 2011


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..