July 31

July 31

A Chapter by Calypso

July 31

            Wednesdays with Dr. Small.

            This stand out somehow in this journal. It wasn’t until just today that I realized this whole time here has hinged mainly around her. Everything else is just fluff.

            As I walked into her office she hugged me as if we always have.

            “Hello angel.” I love how she calls me that. In fact she just started that a month ago “How are you?”

            “Well.”

            Dr. Small cleared her throat before stepping into her office. “Are you coming?”

            I smiled slyly and took my normal seat on her couch.

            “I fell like… crap.” I almost said s**t but I was able to stop myself before saying it.

            Dr. Small wrote something down and then looked up at me. “Why? I don’t think you could have done anything horrible.”

            I told her about what happened with Jamie.

            “It sounds more like envy not jealousy.” Dr. Small pointed out. “You want what they have. A place where things are stable…”

            “Where no one dies.” I quickly interrupted.

            “In a way, yes.”  She pushed her glasses up and continued, “It also says in your journal that you almost binged on the Oreos.”

            “Yep. I did.” I admitted after a long sigh.

            “Are you sure that you’re taking your Prozac?”

            I felt my check burn red.

            “Have you been having a lot of nausea?”

            I was reeled. “Yes.” Then I interjected “It just started out of the blue!”

            “What about headaches.”

            “No.” I feebly said.

            Dr. Small stood up, and dug threw a cabinet beside her. She placed a box of 24-count box of crayons that looked as old as the hills and a sheet of paper beside it.

            “What I want you to is to draw a tree.”

            “Does the tree matter?”

            “No.”

            I looked at the crayons, “what about the color?”

            “That too doesn’t matter.”

            I looked threw the box and half of them were broken but I picked my favorite color, purple and started working.

            In my life I learned to draw when I was smaller. Mom would take Morana and I to a youth center for ‘Creativity Classes’. I still remember the women taught it too. She wore glasses that made her look bug eyed and her clothes were out dated by about 2 decades, but to this day she remains to be my favorite teacher.

            Her manta was that everyone had an artist in them; they just had to find their medium. Some people wrote poems, others painted, but for me this was when I found that I had a passion for the piano.

            I started to draw the tree but while I did I make the bark look like keys on the piano. The drawing looked bland and I wasn’t sure if anyone would notice how the bark was.

            The branches looked frail and if the tree was real I know it would be chopped down for looking dead. I didn’t even try to draw roots. Dr. Small pointed it out and asked me if I wanted to add roots.

            I did, but instead of drawing the small roots one by one I took the crayons and drew a few roots. Then it looked worse and I was about to touch up on it but Dr. Small took it from me.

            She said that she would analyze it later. 



© 2011 Calypso


Author's Note

Calypso
Sorry if this is boring.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting. It reminds me of the Silent Hill games and their therapy sessions...

Posted 12 Years Ago


I enjoyed this chapter. I hope we get to find out what her thoughts are on the picture.

Posted 13 Years Ago


IT'S not boring at all , just episodic and that's fine.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I don't think it was boring :) I really liked this chapter, because of how interesting that exercise was; with the crayons. And that ending made me curious:

"She said that she would analyze it later"

I am so curious to see how Dr. Small plans, exactly, to analyze a picture of a purple tree? :) Great chapter!

xoxo Caitlyn xoxo

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

614 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 27, 2011
Last Updated on January 27, 2011


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


August 23 August 23

A Chapter by Calypso


June 16 June 16

A Chapter by Calypso


July 20 July 20

A Chapter by Calypso