It looks like imagination

It looks like imagination

A Chapter by Calypso

            In two months time Aden’s sixteenth came and passed. To him the age meant nothing to him. To him January was a bad month to celebrate a birthday anyways. It just happened too that January 21 was a terrible day to do anything.

            Crystal and Stan (her husband) didn’t try to do anything. They both were too busy at their independently owned pastry shop to celebrate much.

            In the first two months there Aden learned a lot out his new foster parents and the children.

            The boy with the pastel aura was Ben. Then the girl’s name was Kathy and served as a good meal for Aden when he needed a hit of her creativity. The classes he was taking required an extra boost of creativity.

            One thing odd about Aden (besides being an aura vampire) he never has emotions. The only time he ever feels is when people’s aura is sucked in. Most of the time people’s aura will drift into him like smoke drifting threw an open window. He is so naïve about his powers that he has no control over what he’ll feel one second.

            He dressed in black, his face is covered in piercing; he looked hard-core goth. For the most part he would rather spend his life alone. Most people would feel hallow without emotions, but for Aden he has never felt his own emotions, just everyone else’s. 

            The house he stayed in had smells that both repulsed him and left him wondering what in the world was going on in the kitchen.

            The smells of onion tinted the house at all hours. Crystal found a way to put onions in very meal. Mingling with that smell was the stench of stale cigarettes and fresh brewed coffee.

            Even on Aden’s sixteenth birthday (January 21st) his cake even had a lingering onion smell despite the fact it was made in Crystal and Stan’s bakery.

            Once his birthday came in left he had a hunger for blood.

The craving started on his birthday. The cake did little to relieve him of his craving. While skipping from school he would sit in the tree at the park and plan how he would get that blood.

Some time in mid February he became so desperate that he saw a couple walking hand in hand from the tree and he thought of Kamikaze jumping from the tree. That would be the surest way to hurt them and drink their blood, but then again he would hurt himself in the process.

Thankfully for him he had his fill of blood a few days after the tree incident.  

Poor Kathy has always been clumsy (according to Crystal) and Aden knew it was just time until poor Kathy feel and spilled some blood.

And when it did happen Aden was looming on the edge of the shadows. He was above causing injury, but not so holy that he wouldn’t stale his victims.

Kathy had a mirror in one hand and an empty drinking glass in the other. As she started down the steps things look normal but her big toe snagged against the step and it took her one millisecond to go from walking to tumbling down the stairs.

Ten steps down was a mid floor and it was the drinking glass that hit the wall first. The mirror flew ten feet in the opposite direction of her.

Aden waited ten heartbeats before gracefully gliding down the stirs. Kathy lay on the floor curled up into a ball. Her skin looked the color of milk and sticking out of her right cheek was a long, slender shard of glass.

Aden kindly straightened Kathy on to her back. He knew for sure she had passed out. There may have been a point where her head hit the floor.

He slowly pulled the glass from her cheek. Hot blood welled in the cut and streamed from it.

Hold her head Aden placed his lips on the cut. Kathy was still out cold so he sucked the warm, irony blood.

When the wound was about dry she opened her eyes.

“Aden…” She whispered.
            He used the back of his hand to wipe the blood from his lips. “You’re okay. You just passed out.”

“My cheek hurts.”

Coolly he answered, “You cut it when you fell. Now sleep. I’ll take care of you.”

And she did sleep and Aden sucked as much blood as he could from the cut. Once done he left the sleeping Kathy where he found her.



© 2011 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i think it's very good! sounds like something i would write, actually. i think that the detail of aden's drinking scene really shows that he has a dark side, other than not hurting people and just sucking their auras. keep going!

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's interesting to see Aden actually take blood now and not just inhale auras. Aden is a fantastic creation.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great guy. This is actually going really well. I love your writing. Grammar editing might be necessary, but nothing serious.

Posted 13 Years Ago


the description you use is amazing for visuals, it really describes Aden's character!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 30, 2011
Last Updated on March 30, 2011


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


August 23 August 23

A Chapter by Calypso