Dear Math

Dear Math

A Story by Calypso
"

I hate math

"

Dear Math,

                I can remember when I first met you. At first you were easy and you and I were best friends forever. Sadly as I grew up, so did you. The first time you changed was in seventh grade. All of the sudden you asked for me to solve your problems. Those problems were simple, but once again they become worse.

In eighth grade you made adjustment to your personalty. You were confused and not sure who you are. So instead of actually find this out, you became like the person you secretly admired, English. For years you've wished you could be as cool as him. Maybe that's why you start acting like him by adding letters into your problems.

In ninth grade you just had to dial up the drama. By this time you were asking me to help you find your ‘x’. Sure at first I went along with it. At times I did find your ‘x’, and things were fine for the time. By the 11th grade it became harder to find your ‘x’. I thought I found her, but you told me it wasn’t her.

But I have to say the straw that broke the camel back was in 12th grade. Because of you I almost didn’t graduate. I guess that you were angry because I could no longer find your ‘x’ or solve your problems. Either way I can’t stand you anymore. This is enough for me.

     Sincerely,

                 Me

© 2012 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really cute. I don't think anyone likes math and if they do, there's something wrong with them anyways so who cares. The only issues I saw, were a couple of tense issues. Otherwise this was really good.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love this! I felt the same way during high school and college has not been much better. I always thought I liked numbers, but numbers really didn't like me. So I have to say that this captures how I feel about math too.

Posted 11 Years Ago


well written, very creative way to express your feelings about math. I loved it until A levels, then, it became a problem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


hahah awesome I hate math as well

Posted 11 Years Ago


i feel the same way
awsome read

Posted 11 Years Ago


Exactly! Math asks too much sometimes lol. There are some mistakes in this though. "The first time you changed was in seventh grade you changed," this needs the second "you changed" removed.
"So instead of actually find this out," in this the "find" should be "finding."
"Maybe that's why you start acting like him," start should be started.
"Once again you changed ninth grade," implies it changed more than once during ninth grade so saying, "You changed once again in ninth grade," would get your message across.
There are some more mistakes, just look it over once or twice and you'll probably see them. Anyway, this was entertaining, good job :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I never liked math and I agree with you about it trying to be like english with the letters and word problems and all,but its still its lame self. And what with finding its X? it needs to get over its X if you ask me. :P Great write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


haha, this is exactly how i feel about maths right now. i really liked the way you turned math into a person, very imaginative! nice job! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


lol this was awesome, I feel the same way about math: it was great in elementary school, but after that it just got way too complicated, and irritating. lol. this was a really clever way of putting the subject of math into words.

great job! =]

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love it! Perfect.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

746 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 30, 2012
Last Updated on May 23, 2012

Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..