My friend the demon

My friend the demon

A Story by underthemask
"

The dance with the devil takes a toll on your body. I dont know if I am going to do more with this or not.

"

He sits there with in inches of her touch but when she looks at him she knows that he’s not really there.  Just the emptiness of his eyes tell it all.  He has trapped his soul in the oblivion that is produced by the chemicals in the needle.  They sit in the empty parking lot no words spoken as he drifts in and out of consciousness and her soul starts to crack.  She is losing him but she is trying to keep his head above water and the only way she knows how to keep him from shutting her out completely is to dive into the water after him and try to swim him to safety.  The ice cold water is chilling her to the bones though.  Making it hard to find the strength to simply keep her head up let alone try to find him under the blackened sea.  She wants him to tell her to let him go.  She wants him to tell her to get out the water before she dies.  She knows she cant save him and this path will surly end with her six feet down but how do you save yourself if it means having to rip out your own heart?  How does that work?


Now’s not the time to try and distinguish right from wrong though.  So she simply reaches out and gently runs her finger nails down his jaw line causing him to stir and open his eyes at her.  

© 2015 underthemask


Author's Note

underthemask
I don't know if I am going to try to change this into anything or add to it. Just something that I found in one of my journals. Tell me if you think I should try to turn this into something please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think it already is something...true feelings even when dark are beautiful :)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 14, 2015
Last Updated on September 14, 2015
Tags: relapse, drug abuse, love, heart, broken, soul

Author

underthemask
underthemask

laplata, MD



About
Just another face in the crowd that no one would notice. However thats just my mask. The part of me I show to the world. No one would suspect I used to smoke crack or shoot heroin, that I would spend .. more..

Writing
Rant Rant

A Poem by underthemask


broken broken

A Poem by underthemask