Letters to john

Letters to john

A Poem by underthemask

Close your eyes and take my hand I’ll take you to a special land. A land for only you and I.  A land where no one can hurt us with their words or their judging eyes. You seem to stand strong agaist their words and I turn to you for comfort when they begin to cripple me.  When the stress of what has been and what will be becomes too much for me to breath you just let me scream. And when I’m done you remind me to breath. You tell me things will be the way they are meant to be.  For right now all that means is that we are together, just you and me.  But god for a moment wont you run with me? Just close our eyes and escape to a place where we can be free. My love, my life, my world and my universe.  I want to be strong like you I am sorry that at times I’m weak.  I know I am stronger then I let myself believe.  I have been through more then some and I am here to stand and tell my story if I choose. But when I look in the mirror all I see is a broken little girl struggling to breath. Shes drowning in her thoughts and she doesn’t know how to just make them stop. She on her knees with her fingers laced praying to a god she doesn’t understand because she has been told that this is how it works but her heart grow heavy because she doesn’t feel worthy of the love of a god. So please wont you please just close your eyes and take my hand so that for just a moment we can escape to that special land.

© 2015 underthemask


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful!!!! And the way to cleanse yourself of the voices is to keep on writing, till there is no more on the subject to say!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 14, 2015
Last Updated on October 14, 2015

Author

underthemask
underthemask

laplata, MD



About
Just another face in the crowd that no one would notice. However thats just my mask. The part of me I show to the world. No one would suspect I used to smoke crack or shoot heroin, that I would spend .. more..

Writing
Rant Rant

A Poem by underthemask


broken broken

A Poem by underthemask