A letter to my future self

A letter to my future self

A Poem by grace
"

Where do you all see yourself in next 5 years?

"
I know that I am not there,
but I can try until I am floating above.
my consciousness is killing me down,
how could I see the end when there's no start.

oh I should write to my future self,
"don't be sad because you are not quitting again"
I am trying to find a path,
and build a better map for both of us.

I am writing to my future self,
" I hope you aren't in a place like this,
not alone but the peak of your dreams."
something I wish I could see.

sometimes I think of crashing on the sidewalk, 
but I will stay, waking up late,
writing my fate, making my way.
going on the roads I was afraid of.

and I've been counting all the changes I'm having,
I should try to not feel unmoored,
my paranoia's making me shatter,
hope I'll soon be my mind over matter.

I think, I'll write to my future self,
hoping I would read it when I'm bold again,
walking on a bridge with another hand,
curious to see this future friend.

© 2021 grace


Author's Note

grace
This ain't my best one i know but i felt i should post it so i did, tell me if u liked it or how it could've been better? also, if you had a chance, what would you write to your future self??

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like it..maybe a little tweaking here or there... but not with the poem. Be gentle with yourself. Life can be so hard. Take a breath... you got this. You ARE bold and "places" can change. You are aware enough to express it...so take that leap into your bright future. :-)

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

grace

2 Years Ago

Thank you Susan for appreciating it and I am beyond pleased by reading your comment... and I'll reme.. read more



Reviews

Wow what an extraordinary write !
I thoroughly love the idea and your write in this
Well done bravo 👏!

Posted 4 Months Ago


Grace,

If one looked to read that last piece that Poe, Hemingway, Dickens, Tolstoy, Faulkner ever wrote or posted, they would miss out on their finest works. So, I tend to read a Poet from oldest posts to latest posts, first and foremost ...

And, here am I reading a bit about you and yourself as you were previous to this day and moment in time.

I found the concept of writing to your future self as clever, witty, and really ingenious. Why so? ... Because most folks (especially ladies) tend to read the past selves written to journals and diaries, always look back, rather than looking forward to the future and what it just might hold as a futuristic saving's treasure to be precious times and moments to look forward to down the road that no one can quite see at the moment, but shall arise one day in your young life in that distance known as the future ...

Your poem is a very enjoyable read ... Nice to meet you here on the WritersCafe. There are many wonderful people and fine Poets and Writers here.

Please do be aware and informed that should you visit my pages, I pull no punches and do make us of a tad of West Texas, Smalltown, cussin', gd'in', and mfin' in my posts that are intended to be REAL-WORLD and not that sterile classroom where we all pretend to learn how life as a b***h really is ... Most especially, I ain't into any form of Religion, though I do defend EVERYONE'S freedom of Religion, as I do write in regards the deceptions and lies taught therein, but everyone has the right to believe and practice such beliefs as they so choose.

I, also, write about historical and current world affairs and the many ways in which our nation and the UN is deceiving each of us as we are being Dumbed-Downed daily in a covertly overt attempt to transform each of us into what I term as Sheeple-People Cattle. Thus, you now know, before visiting my brutally frank and openly candid and honest pages that are, most often, backed up by historical or Scientific Evidential Footnote Proofs ...

Bottom Line: I do tell it the way it is, no sugar coating, icing on the flaky cake, and no fairytales to entertain those who prefer to be lied to than to know the harsh and bitter truth of our Human Reality upon this Earth ...

I am a Fan of Mankind's Humanity ... We, as Human Beings, are all the hope that we have, in my view ...

Wishing you all the best in Life and living your life the fullest of happiness and Muse of writing always ...

Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

Posted 4 Months Ago


Hi Grace, outstanding work as always. You show your strength and your deep love through this write. What would I write to my future self? That is a thought-provoking piece of writing in itself. I would tell myself that love shall ever dwell within my heart and words shall ever sing in my soul. Everything shall be alright in the end. I believe this for you, my friend. Have a wonderful Thursday. Hugs always....Mike.

Posted 2 Years Ago


grace

2 Years Ago

Oh that is amazing! I believe there should always be something written for a future self. It helps u.. read more
shadrach hah

2 Years Ago

Hi Grace, you are most welcome. This was a joy to read, a creative gem of an idea and poem. You alwa.. read more
I loved the poem dear Grace. You write with the skill of a ancient writer.
"I think, I'll write to my future self,
hoping I would read it when I'm bold again,
walking on a bridge with another hand,
curious to see this future friend."
I loved the above lines. I am old now and I read my work from 50 years ago. We will change and if we are lucky. Become kinder. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago


grace

2 Years Ago

I feel contented reading your review. This is really sweet of you. I'll always remember your words a.. read more
Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I did enjoy your work and you are welcome Grace.
I like it the way it is. It expresses your deepest struggles and uses repetition (I will write to my future self) effectively. That is so hopeful. I am raising a granddaughter (since she was 6). She's 14 now and have emotional struggles. It is a journey. I'm working with her school psychologist to get her help. Just thought I'd share that. I am reading through your list of poems.

Posted 2 Years Ago


grace

2 Years Ago

Thank you so much!! I hope she conquers all her struggles.. all my best wishes are with you
I like it..maybe a little tweaking here or there... but not with the poem. Be gentle with yourself. Life can be so hard. Take a breath... you got this. You ARE bold and "places" can change. You are aware enough to express it...so take that leap into your bright future. :-)

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

grace

2 Years Ago

Thank you Susan for appreciating it and I am beyond pleased by reading your comment... and I'll reme.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 17, 2021
Last Updated on September 17, 2021
Tags: future, conscience, dream, sad, bold, friend

Author

grace
grace

About
hey to all the beautiful pieces of art here. I love writing and reading poetry, and i may post some of it, so I hope you all like it!! "Take me to the lakes where all the poets went to die, I don'.. more..

Writing
Saudade tides Saudade tides

A Poem by grace


Dear beloved Dear beloved

A Poem by grace



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..