The Subtle in the Sublime

The Subtle in the Sublime

A Poem by universelfkati

Time passes while the now stands still.

Everyone frantically searches with their eyes sewed shut.

The cycles, the flow, the every-changing truth that constantly stays the same.

Death lingers closer with each passing day, unbeknownst to the manic fear intertwined with its destiny.

When freedom knocks, we run and hide;

Afraid of the nothingness that exists in dark alleys filled with secret desires. 

I dream of sweet release only to be born again into chaos.

The world closes in around me until all that is left is everything.

© 2020 universelfkati


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, your poem doesn't seem to have any particular rhyme or rhythm. Consequently I'm not sure it could properly be considered a "poem" per se. I'm afraid it doesn't really make much sense either. I just can't tell from reading it, what it's actually supposed to be about. Perhaps you could expand it a bit more and add some more details, so as to make it more clear just what your poem is actually about?

Posted 11 Months Ago


Well, I can relate to this too! We are all in a hurry to get no where aren't we? I hate going to work someday, but turn I think.....what else better is there to do?

Posted 4 Years Ago


Reminds me of the physics of relativity and how there is so much more underlying the world we live in that we cannot perceive than we can; that we are not biologically capable of perceiving, but, exist none the less. This is good work. You're an outstanding writer. "time passes while the now stands still..." that line holds more truth than most people think, I would wager.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 25, 2020
Last Updated on February 25, 2020
Tags: poetry, flow, universe, consciousness, love, energy, time

Author

universelfkati
universelfkati

About
Just me yet so much more. Exploring the universe through feelings and expressing through fleeting words. more..

Writing
Tash Tash

A Poem by universelfkati



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


....me ....me

A Poem by Riley


The Dog The Dog

A Poem by DIVYA