Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by unluckeys
"

The attack on John is catching up to Leigh. What will happen when he is arrested? As well as something fishy is with one of those police men...

"

The next few weeks went in a routine, nothing much happening. I would go to my classes, finish my homework in between those classes. I would ate my lunch alone, then stay in my room reading, or sometimes hang out with Jose. I began teaching him english outside of his classes, helping him in any way I could. Ethan, whom was already starting harder classes, spent his time either working on homework, his job, or out partying with Terrance on the weekends. They asked me to go, but every time I would turn them down. The thoughts of being in a closed location with boozed up students was less than appealing.

Nsokohir only showed his face 4 times in these few weeks, mostly just to get a bit of my soul energy. Other than that, it was mostly silent. Though he was always there, comforting me with just his presence alone, I missed the conversations and the battering. He seemed to be avoiding me.

Except, when I was approached by two police officers after my third class of the day, I was horrified. I wanted Nsokohir with me, holding my hand even. John had finally woken up and identified me as in the shower room when he was assaulted. Though he didn’t use the words ‘he did it’ whatsoever. I was taken to the police station, as if a common criminal. They even went through the effort to cuff my hands behind my back.

I was walked into the police station by two armed officers, as if I was a dangerous person! They brought me to a room, filled with only uncomfortable looking chairs and a large oak table. They even barred the windows. I felt myself start to hyperventilate, as well as my heart began to beat out of my chest. What the hell was happening? I didn’t doing anything!

“Now, Mr. Thorne, tell us what happened the day John Johnson was assaulted...” An officer said the second he walked in. His voice was cheery, though I could tell by his facial expressions as well as his posture that it was fake. His aurora gave me this depressed feeling. He sat across from me, pulling a cigarette out of his pocket and lighting it. He offered me one, yet I turned it down politely.

“I don’t know, I took a shower and left. That’s pretty much it..” I said, looking at my shaking hands. Even I would think I was lying. That was basically the truth though. I looked up to meet his scrutinizing eyes with my own. They matched the same color as johns, a dull brown. from the bags under his eyes, he looked as if he hadn’t slept for weeks.

“Now, we know that’s a lie. John said his side of the story, now tell us yours... Or do we need to get out your records and see if lying is along many of your mental problems, Mr. Thorne?” He said with such hatred, I saw his body tense up in anger. His hand was clenched in a fist before me, as if restraining from hitting me. I let a smile meet my lips.

“A little tense, Officer? You haven’t even introduced yourself- I mean, I feel I have a right to know who is questioning me, right?” I asked softly, feeling that spark ignite inside of me. He was mad, maybe even mad enough that if I push him enough, he would release me. He didn’t need to hear my side of the story, it would just incriminate me.

“M-My name is Officer Johnson.” He said, his aged eyes meeting mine. My smile never left my lips. I placed my head in my hands, looking at him curiously. Was this a relative? He looked too old to be a brother...

“Why, that must be a common name if you and John both have it... “ I said softly, filing my words with a taunting tone. His eyes went wide before he banged his fist on the table harshly.

“John is my son, you mother f****r, now you need to tell me the f**k you did to him, how the f**k you of all people got a hold on my son- MY son!” He ran a shaking hand through his greying hair, rising from his seat and turning away from me, walking to the door in anger. He turned back, placing both hands on the table. They were clenched into tight fists.

“I didn’t do anything, sir. Maybe it’s your son you should reevaluate.” I said softly, sitting back in my chair, my hands going behind my head. Just as he opened his mouth to proclaim some more slanderous words, the door open and in came the most amusing thing I’ve ever seen.


Nsokohir walked in with a suitcase in his hands, his hair tied up in a bun- wearing a suit. Nsokohir wearing a shirt at all was just way too amusing. I let a giggled escape my lips, getting a dark glare from the officer.

“I’m Mr. Thornes Lawyer, Noah Smith. I would have appreciate it if you had restrained your questioning until I got here, Mr. Johnson.” He said, putting authority into his deep voice. He collected the seat next to me, giving me a kind smile before returning to Johnson. I giggled more, feeling the spark come back even harder. He was just so amusing to me. I could hardly keep them back, as I watched Johnson give me one of the most hate filled stares I’ve ever seen. But I couldn’t stop giggling, I even tried but everything was just too funny!

“What the f**k is wrong with him, Smith?” He said, pointing right at my face. That was pretty rude, yet funny at the same time. He turned to me and shrugged, looking back at the detective, who was joined by two others giving me curious looks.

“it’s a part of manic depression, sometimes it leads to laughing uncontrollably.” He explained, yet under the table he placed his hand on my thigh, and suddenly I stopped laughing. I couldn't laugh even if I was trying too. I let out a sigh, finally able to catch my breath again. I gave him a mental “thank you’ before returning my look unto those people. One of them gave me a bad feeling.

“I’ll give my statement now. I was taking a shower, minding my own business when your son, John, came in and began sexually assaulting me. If you had came to me sooner, I could have shown you the bruises he left on my body.” I heard a sharp curt laugh from Johnson’s lips.

“My son? Touching the likes of you? Yeah right, he's  faithful to his girlfriend of 3 years, as well as being the kindest, most gentle man you have ever seen!” He moved to lunge out of me, but his friends hands stopped him. Nsokohir was giving me an approving look, yet there was a glint in his eyes of humor.

“Continue your story...” Johnson was escorted out of the room by his friend, leaving just one man left to question me. The one whom gave me the unsettled feeling. I let out a breath and shrugged. The sooner I finished, the sooner I could go home.

“I got out. I managed to sneak around him and ran out. I left all my stuff there because I didn’t exactly have time to pick it up when he was threatening to tear me in two with a certain appendage of his... And I returned to my room, with a witness saying I did. Ask my roommate, Ethan. We were together in the room when he was being assaulted, by someone who came in after me. I am innocent on this one, and I have no idea who it could be. It could have happened anytime he was in there, his initial intentions were to shower. ” I said, shrugging. I was completely calm on the outside, though inside I was full of turmoil. With my past history, it could sound bad, but Ethan is an alibi.. He's fully sane too!

"Alright... We were just hoping you would have seen someone lurking around, and I assume you don't want to press charges on Mr. Johnson...  I do have one more question, but for you, Mr. Smith. How did you know Mr. Thorne here was in need of your assistance when we hadn't given him a phone call yet?" The detective asked, looking at him critically with light hazel eyes. He had a very rigid appearance to him, his toned muscles held tight as he analysed us, his light brown hair was askewed on his head in a tousled fashion.

"You forget that Mr. Thorne here is from a rather prestigious housing, therefore when he was appearing missing from his class, whilst his roommate knew he had gone, I was informed of his presence here. Now, if that is all, let us leave." Nsokohirs voice was sharp and serious, his eyes began darkening. He obviously did not enjoy being questioned.

"As you wish, but I will like to speak with you on a more private occasion..." The officer reached into his wallet, bringing out a card and handing it to Nsokohir. Though we both knew he had little interest in continuing contact with this man, he reached out politely to grab the card. His fingertips brushed Nsokohirs, causing him to hiss and jump back quickly.

The man's eyes lit up as a sinister grin covered his face. "I've found you..." He growled, reaching into his shirt and gathering out a golden cross. My arm began burning harder, I reached out and pushed Nsokohir back behind me, giving him a stern glare. For once in my life, I was protecting him. I felt the authority flow in my veins- it felt so right to me.

"Leave now! Or you will make a lot bigger problem than you think." I threatened, holding a wounded Nsokohir closely behind me. The officer watched me with wild eyes, as if sizing me up. I didn't waver my look, daring him to come closer to me. The door was jerked open, Johnson walking inside.

"Let's go Carter!" He demanded, grabbing the arm of the threatening man before us. He held his ground for a few moments before backing off, turning to leave with Johnson.

I grabbed Nsokohirs hand and quickly walked us out, out into the cloudy environment. I had avoided all glances and possible brushing touch from everyone around us, they seemed to be staring. I kept my hand in his as we started our long walk back to the university. It was a silent trip, I was thoughtful of how to get back. Nsokohirs emotions changed rapidly, keeping him silent.

We were back on the pathway to my dorm when he finally decided to speak up. His hand held mine tighter, slightly painfully. I could still feel he was harmed, he was even slightly breathless.

“Avoid him at all costs, Leigh. No matter what, do NOT let him touch you. “ When Nsokohir uses my name, it implied how much he actually meant what he was saying. I nodded my head lightly, smiling at him. I was trying to reassure him into comfort. “I will be watching you more often, as well. If I tell you to hide, you do so without question..” He said quietly, looking at our entwined fingers.

“Yes, I will.... But I want you to tell me what he is, and how me hurt you...” I said softly, knowing it looked like I was talking to myself. I really didn’t care, but I didn’t need to have dorm security to be noted of my “insanity”. What people thought of me now wasn't anywhere on my mind.

“He was a demon hunter. His kind are taken from the cradle, and taught so diligently to be as cold as their victims. They relish the destruction of my kind. Their touch alone is so pure, it burns our skin- when even flames cannot leave a mark. For some reason, he let us go right then. I’m not positive why.. But, if he touches you, he can get to me. I don’t want to return to hell, as much as you don’t want to go through the pain of having both me and the parasite pulled out of you... Be careful..” He stopped walking, taking my head gently in his hands. I looked up into his concerned white eyes, while he waited for a sign that I understood it.

“Of course.. I don’t want to get rid of you..” I whispered, my voice getting caught in my throat... I leaned up, planting a kiss lightly on his lips. The sparks flew between us. Nsokohir did not return my kiss. He looked at me, his eyes changing from concern to confusion. He gave me a slight nod before continuing our journey back.

When I arrived in the dorm, it was dark. Walking Into the room with Nsokohir behind me, I saw Ethan pacing back and forth. He practically jumped my skin when he saw me.

“You! Where the hell have you been?!” He asked angely, hitting me on the shoulder. Then he moved to Nsokohir and slapped him on the shoulder as well. My eyes were as large as saucers. How did he hit him, even have the guts too? “You too! Keeping jim out this late- It's dark out! There’s freaks out there!” He demanded, his hands on his hips. I looked between the two, seeing Nsokohir’s nonchalant shrug before he took a seat on my bed, as well as Ethans tense state. I knew Nsokohir was still injured, he needed rest. Ethan walked over and wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me tightly to him.

“I thought you were cannibal's dinner by now.” He said, his worry obvious in his voice. I smiled and laughed, giving him a friendly hug back.

“You’ve been watching too many scary movies, Ethan. I’m fine. The police had taken me for questioning. Once they had nothing to pin against me, other than the fact that my stuff was there and John remembered seeing me, I left. No ride was offered, or anything. So I had to walk and it’s pretty far from here! Hey, I’m pretty hungry, can we order pizza?” I asked, sitting down next to Nsokohir who was watching us with an amused view.

“Alright, I can get our normal. Demon boy, do you eat real food? Is pepperoni and sausage okay?” He asked, taking his cell phone out of his pocket. I was still looking between them with my brows furrowed- since when did Ethan start seeing him? I mean, Nsokohir never showed himself to Alin, why this stranger so quickly? He was my friend, yeah, but Nsokohir had just been intimidating him in the time before.

“Human, What I eat could never compare to your disgusting human food. Though I could, physically, I’d rather not.” Nsokohir scoffed, his attention turning back towards me. He gained that serious look back into his eyes.

“My pet, have you completed your homework yet? Especially if you were absent for 2 classes.” He said, in the tone he normally uses when referring to school. He was rubbing his hand gently, where he was injured previously. I smiled, having had everything done previous to today as well as from my first 2 classes that I attended, and when I went to where my backpack is normally placed at to show him, I gasped.

“It’s still there..” I said, turning to look at Nsokohir with wide eyes. Ethan was talking in the background, ordering our food. Nsokohir gave me a hard glance, swearing under his breath. He obviously wasn't happy I had forgotten about it.

“Tomorrow, I want you and the other human male, the one with the vehicle, to drive to the station. Yet, make sure he is always at your side, alright? As well as watch your distance between all humans. We don’t know who he’s informed, or if there are more there.” Nsokohir said seriously, catching the attention of Ethan. He walked over, sitting between the two of us. He wasn’t at all scared of him!

“Avoid who and go where with what other human?” Ethan wasn’t very involved with this conversation, yet seemed like he wanted to be. I looked over at Nsokohir then shrugged. I would feel better if here was there with me too.

“Alright, one of the officers was a demon hunter and hurt 'Soko over here, but they had taken my bag and I left in a hurry so it’s still there and I don’t want to get hurt soooo me, you, and Terrance should go back there first thing in the morning.” I suggested, Nsokohir closing his eyes and leaning his back against the wall.

“Human, please do watch Leigh. If he is touched by those filthy hunters, it can burn him. If they are to capture him, they would rip me and the parasite from his soul and that would be a pain worse than death. As well as watch out for the man called Johnson, he is very angered at Leigh.” Nsokohir said, the air filling with tension after his last word ended. Ethan looked over at me and smiled, ruffling my tied back hair.

“don’t worry, Leigh. We’ll protect you.”

______

The next morning came way too soon. We had to wake up and leave very early, so that Terrance could get out his very early class on time. He very willing to help after when we explained to him that we needed both a ride to get back there, as well as his strength incase any of them were around and waiting to pounce. We added that the protection was needed because they had harassed me. Even if the main purpose for him wasn’t quite dictated, we were close enough. He didn't and wouldn't need to know about the demon hunter. He was very happy to play the ‘tough man’ card for us, especially me.

We arrived around 6:30 A.M, I was happy that it was open. It seemed like everything else wasn’t. The three of us walked in and went to the main desk, where a very familiar man was sitting behind it. He looked at us all with disgust, until his glace landed on me. He smirked at me, one that sent shivers down my back.

“Why, if it isn’t Mr. Thorne? What can I do for you, so early this morning...” Carter spoke with a teasing tone, moving out from behind his desk. Both Ethan and Terrance stood slightly in front of me, protectively.

“You guys have my backpack for school still, and I need it.” I said, my voice weak. The spark was completely dead now. Something on him made my soul restraint, made my arm burn. He walked closer and closer until he was a foot away from Terrance, who took the stance right in front of me.

“And who is this fellow?” He said, looking at me and then he carefully, reaching out to ‘Scratch his arm’ but I saw it brush against Terrance purposely. When terrance didn't reacted at all, he got a look of disappointment on his face.

“I’m his boyfriend, now, if you will.” Terrance voice was harsh and cold, straight to the point. He stood taller than Carter did, not backing down any which way. The look of Carters face turned completely confused, before he shook it off and turned his attention back to my hiding form.

“Well, where is your little ‘Lawyer’, Mr. Thorne?” He said, even teasing me. I saw Ethan tense up more, his fists clenching on his side. I could see something visibly wrong with him.

“Do I need to get my lawyer just to retrieve my back pack? Because If I have to,  there is a serious problem there. I feel not only he needs to be informed but my parents whom, might I add, are paying your salary.Now, if you will get it before I’m late to class and have to pursue action.” I said, the spark inside me beginning to ignite, giving me the spunk I needed to talk back. He seemed taken back but shrugged, walking behind into the office. When he was out of sight, Ethan leaned in to terrance and I.

“Watch out for him, don’t let him touch Leigh under any circumstances, alright? “ He said seriously to Terrance, as I held myself closer to him. I just realized that previously he had called me his boyfriend. Maybe it was just words to keep the little officer here on his toes, or maybe he really felt that way. I mean, we did have a couple dates and liked spending time together... and we kissed too...

He came out later with my backpack in his hand, carrying it with thoughtful intention. He had tried to move around Terrance and Ethan to hand it straight to me, but before he even got that close, Terrance grabbed it out of his greedy hand. I saw the frown deepen itself on Carters face. He shrugged, walking back behind the desk.

“There you are, everything should be intact.. Oh, and Leigh? I’ll see you later..” he said, that sinister smile returning on his lips. That shiver returned as I scurried out of there and back into the car. Terrance put the backpack in the trunk with the rest of our stuff, yet I felt like something was wrong with it. The burning sensation on my arm dulled, but never left.

“E-Ethan... Will you check it when we get back?” I whispered to him before we got into the car, driving back to the dorms. Maybe he put something into it, maybe he was trying to harm us. I whimpered, putting my head against the window. I was seated behind Terrance, trying to calm my rapid heart. I felt a soft, cold breeze before a hand gently caressed my bruning arm.

“I’m sorry, my pet... That being is very inconvenient..” He whispered, moving a stray piece of hair out of my face and back behind my ear. I looked at him, then to the trunk, knowing better than to talk. Terrance didn't know of his existence. He nodded in understanding. “He did something to it, please do make sure the Ethan human checks it fully, to see if there was something placed inside.... I will visit you between your classes.” He whispered, before fading away yet again. I smiled slightly, I liked that idea. Having him other would make my walk a little less lonely. Plus, safer.

When we got back, getting dropped off at the cafeteria before terrance went off to class, Ethan searched my back pack. When he pulled the cross, my arm burned even more. I placed my hand over it and back up. His eyes went wide for a moment before turning and walking out of the building rapidly.  

My heart speed increased yet again, though my arm ceased aching. I gathered a bowl of cereal, sitting at our normal spot. “So, those things hurt you guys?” Ethan asked softly, taking a spot across from me. I nodded my head, though I wasn’t very sure why. It was just a golden cross, it had no meaning, only the things we say it means. That doesn't mean its really a sacred item, right? At least I thought so. I never really found myself to be that religious. My family claimed to be catholic but I never went to church with them, I'd stay back. My mother never went with them as well, she was normally ill.

“Well, I’ll make sure that doesn’t happen again.... Is your backpack alright now?” He began digging into his pancakes, though his eyes were trained on me. I nodded my head, stirring my raisin bran mindlessly. I wasn’t very hungry anymore, thinking about how much that could have hurt Nsokohir. My heartfelt strain, thinking I could have harmed him.. I really do care about him.



© 2014 unluckeys


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on May 14, 2014
Last Updated on May 14, 2014
Tags: demon, gay, possession, university, school life, challange, twins, love, to fight or to love, romance, horror, homosexual, boyxboy


Author

unluckeys
unluckeys

Minneapolis, MN



About
I am a young girl from Minnesota who enjoys writing stories. In my stories, I usually tend to create a whole new society. I also enjoy to write about things that are touchy, things that are painful an.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by unluckeys