I

I

A Poem by unspoken_vocabulary

I promised myself I wouldn’t play your game.

I wasn’t going to be a “thing” to you… an object.

Your green bright eyes made me think you were different, better.

I believed that, and with time and talk, it’s the only thing I could see.

You’re great. Special. And like everyone else, unique.

I do not know why I acted so angry when your showed me your flaws.

It’s not like they were foreign. I had met first hand with them for months, and I accepted them then.

So the thing I want to understand, is why?

Why did I act that way?

Was it because I had fallen for you, and I wanted you to feel the same?

Was it because I was tired of my own problems?

Or was it because I underestimated you? ...

Either way, I consider myself as a loser. I lost you, and I don’t know how to get you back.

I’m afraid of rejection. I’m afraid of loving you. I’m afraid of dying alone. And I’m afraid of not being

what you expect.

© 2015 unspoken_vocabulary


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Before you assume that what you feel is a lasting love it would be a wise move to consider the term infatuation. They are similar, but differ in intensity, honesty, integrity and of course longevity. One is true and the other a very good counterfeit. Most people spend their lives stepping from one infatuation to another.

Being in love or being in infatuation?

Posted 8 Years Ago


unspoken_vocabulary

8 Years Ago

Thank you! :) I'll consider it next time I write
I agree with moonskittles, it does seem like you're in love. It's always a scary experience because you never know how it's going to play out. But while you're in love, it's best not to worry and just take each day as it comes. My favourite line in this is: You’re great. Special. And like everyone else, unique. - it's so true. Everybody is unique. So what you need to do is make your love unique, too! I wish you the best and I wish you all the best.

Posted 8 Years Ago


unspoken_vocabulary

8 Years Ago

Thank you! And yeah, I will do my best to follow your advice
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
Seems like you are in love my dear. :D congratulations! Now, I hope it is with the right person who loves you back. :D

Posted 8 Years Ago


unspoken_vocabulary

8 Years Ago

Thank you :) Unfortunately, he wasn't. Its okay though, that was a long time ago! Thank you for revi.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 30, 2015
Last Updated on May 30, 2015
Tags: game, promises, green, eyes, unique

Author

unspoken_vocabulary
unspoken_vocabulary

CA



About
Just a 16 year old girl from California. I've learned that the only way I can express myself is through writing, so here I am. I would love some feedback :) Instagram: unspoken_vocabulary more..

Writing