A Broken Beginning.

A Broken Beginning.

A Poem by Shae

Your love we attain as you build the sky. A structure forms by an outspoken word. You keep your hand on my heart as I lay barren, beginning to fill with life. Your love, we attain as you build the light.
Your love flows through the garden - fresh life. Your beauty is evident like none of our strife. The wars of our fathers passed on to us, as we lay useless and lost, with enemies all around, with hateful hearts. None feel safe. We have no where to hide, as the pain is over whelming, which we hide inside. 
Something is happening. I feel the difference in the air. Gently speaking, I feel your breath. I love the way you speak to me though my whole life is in disarray. 
My hope, my joy, life born miracle brought to life. Love saved this child, kept her alive. Conceived through the battle, fought to survive. Hopeless, she stays. Now with blessing she resides. A light to the world, but so shunned upon. Who would have guessed the way she had gone. A glimpse of a man hung on a cross. Tears in her eyes she lost her thoughts, faded black. The red stains filled the room. 

© 2010 Shae


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

the last line reverbarated in my mind, like a bell struck but once, with a tone that lasts. i am impressed.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This reminds me of a poetic depiction of romeo and juliet for some odd reason, but than again i grow comparions to everything and my imagination is a bit unique. I liked the atmosphere of the poem....a different way of formatting. =]

Posted 13 Years Ago


i really like this..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 11, 2010
Last Updated on September 18, 2010

Author

Shae
Shae

Arlington, TX



About
I like to watch fire, I throw things at the moon and pretend I can talk to fish. Pray every day. Head banging is crucial. It's okay to wear a dress. more..

Writing
1,046 Miles 1,046 Miles

A Poem by Shae


Encouragement Encouragement

A Poem by Shae


Faceless. Faceless.

A Story by Shae