CHANGE

CHANGE

A Chapter by Smackey
"

The title sounds overly ambitious but it's the only one that works. Trust me.

"

“The game doesn’t accept quarters?” Mom asked.  “Then bring him to the change machine; they gotta have a change machine.”

“But Ma, he’s old enough to go on his own.”

“Just bring him.”

Dennis was sick of watching Little Eddie.  Dennis was nine years old, surely a big boy, but not a parent.

“Goo goo ga ga,” said Eddie, pointing to the change machine.

“Shut up,” said Dennis.  He took out two bills and put them in - out came a clashing storm of quarters.  “I don’t even know how Ma thinks you’re old enough to play House of the Dead.”

“Goo goo ga ga,” he said back, still pointing.  On the machine, the letters CHANGE seemed to be following Dennis’s every glance.  Imprinted in his mind.  Telling him to do something.  Hypnotizing.  

So he folded up Little Eddie in half about seven times until he was the size of a bill, and stuck him in the machine.  And the change that occurred was entirely unexpected.

Out came a neverending rush of quarters that lasted Dennis the entire week.  And to this day, Dennis is still king of the arcade, holding 1st place high scores in DDR, Jurassic Park, Spy Hunter, Galaga, Asteroids, Time Crisis, Defender, and that weird one with the frogs.



© 2010 Smackey


Author's Note

Smackey
I will die happy if I get at least one review that says: "You are a terrible person."

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

356 Views
Added on August 18, 2010
Last Updated on August 18, 2010
Tags: change, pajamas


Author

Smackey
Smackey

Funkytown, NY



About
There's Homer. There's Virgil. And then there's Smackey. more..

Writing
Ink & Scars Ink & Scars

A Story by Smackey