One Final Reminder for 2013, Courtesy of Conservative Radio Personality Phil Valentine

One Final Reminder for 2013, Courtesy of Conservative Radio Personality Phil Valentine

A Story by Tiffany S
"

Thoughts on civil rights from a conservative perspective.

"

When talking on the subject of Democrats attempting to claim credit for the civil rights movement, he made a stellar point:

The mistake many make is trying to attach a liberal label to the civil rights movement. It may have been liberal in that it was changing the status quo, but the whole concept of everyone being treated equally under the law is quite conservative.

-Phil Valentine, The Conservative’s Handbook: Defining the Right Position on Issues from A to Z, Chapter 12.

All of the party switch nonsense stops here. In addition to the fact that Democrats repeatedly attempted to filibuster multiple civil rights bills in Congress and that far more voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 than Republicans, the idea of liberty and justice for ALL was integral to our Founding Fathers in the writing of the Constitution as well as conservative ideology to this day.

Think about it: liberals today push for the glorified quota system that is affirmative action, the implementation of hate speech laws, more welfare programs, and abortion to name a few. There is certainly nothing that screams “justice” about their positions on any of these issues.

Affirmative action and hate speech laws allow certain groups of people to receive special treatment. Say a white person and a minority apply for the same job or to the same college, but there are limited spots available. Who gets a spot first and/or at all? Nine times out of ten, the minority, regardless of whether the white candidate was more qualified because slavery and injustice. 

Saw a gay man and a straight man are in a public debate on any given issue. The straight man publicly disagrees and explains why he believes differently. He doesn’t say anything about the other man’s sexuality, but he nevertheless believes that the straight man’s motives in his disagreement were discriminatory. He charges him with violation of the state “hate speech” law. If he wins, the straight man could receive greater punishment than he would have otherwise, solely because his opponent happened to be gay.

If there’s anything to be said about welfare programs, it’s that they are the poison of American capitalism. People are no longer given the free will to succeed or fail on their own and thus grow the economy. Instead, they depend on the government to meet their needs. The government spends ridiculous amounts on giving welfare recipients special treatment such as “free” housing, cell phones, payments equaling more than a $12 per hour job (in some states) and more, only propelling the nation farther into debt. 

And in case the example of abortion didn’t speak for itself, the “pro choice” movement dehumanizes a woman’s unborn child by implying that it is somehow less human than it’s mother solely due to its developmental phase.

Civil rights activists recognized the vast violation of the Fourteenth Amendment in the Jim Crow, Democratically-dominated South and wanted to do something about it. To this day, liberal Democrats clearly fail to understand the implications of this principle. 

© 2014 Tiffany S


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on March 2, 2014
Last Updated on March 2, 2014
Tags: politics, civil rights, conservatism

Author

Tiffany S
Tiffany S

Chicago , IL



About
Hi there stranger! The name's Tiffany, and I'm an eighteen year old ESFJ born and raised in Chicago. I wrote my first short story at eight years old, and have fallen in love with writing ever since. I.. more..

Writing