Things

Things

A Story by Chloe
"

Just behind that lamp. A little to the left. Your eyes open wide. Now you see.

"
There are things everywhere you do and don't look.

There are things with sunken eyes and rotting skin, creatures that give off a stench not dissimilar to that of a dead pig rotting in the sunlight and wind as maggots feast on its dry carcass. Their stench swallows you and you see their mutilated appearance every time you circle the trees in your woods, but you ignore. You choose not to see.

There are things with long necks that lust after your skin, wanting to bite it and tear it with the sharp, jagged edges of their teeth. They want and want and want you so badly, but you ignore. You choose not see.

There are things who haunt corridors and hallways, their limbs extending towards you as they cry out, longing for the long-gone familiarity of their mother's embrace. They cry out for you, like children for an ice-cream truck, but you ignore. You choose not to see.

There are things like with poisonous tongues that creep nearer and nearer every moment you close your eyes, wanting something more than to destroy you. They reach out and stroke your neck, but you ignore. You choose not to see.

These things are everywhere you do and don't look, but you ignore.

In fact, I'd say there's one looking at you right now. You just choose not to see.

© 2014 Chloe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Super-dooper creepy.. Scary satanic creatures, i say, awesome imagination.. This piece conveys more than it was meant to convey.. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow...this is kinda true... the last sentence actually made me turn to see if there was anything :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


wow! kinda creepy!! ;)!!!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ooooh! Deliciously creepy.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like how you wrote it! Good job!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2014
Last Updated on March 22, 2014
Tags: mirror, scary stories, it, weird, random, odd, project, creature, monster, horror, things, existence, tounges, inhuman

Author

Chloe
Chloe

About
Hi. I'm Chloe. I'm currently working on getting my first book published. I like writing poems and anything odd and/or horrifying. more..

Writing
Ticking Ticking

A Poem by Chloe


Subway Subway

A Story by Chloe



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..