War

War

A Poem by RJM
"

War- Good for the few, bad for everybody else

"
WAR

The drums of war beats loudly
as the path to death widens

The gears of war pump faster
as the souls of men are fed to it

And as the soldiers march
towards the field of blood

The planes hovering up above
bomb the cities with poisons 
and missiles 

In the end of all 
the blood and tears

No one shall cry for 
the dead and the ruins

For no one is
left to cry

© 2010 RJM


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

better to be on the side that drops the bombs than the side that receives them!
if these brave kids volunteer to protect this country with their lives why not write
a poem about that.or maybe the a******s who started the s**t and deserve to die?
can anyone say..........ISLAM?

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful, love the text-style, content is so true, and writing style projects a wonderful aura of melancholy and conjures up powerful imagery. It especially shows the way war escalates perfectly and how it can eventually consume everything. ending is very good as well, sums up the poem perfectly. Way to go, Good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


So very true! And lets not forget who got us into this war THE REPUBLICIANS!!! You know the same b******s who just took back the house. If you make more than 250k a year then vote repub all you like but thats not 95% of us is it! RJM great poem you should check out killers in arms and the american maifesto on my page two great political poems.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A powerful poem. If war don't stop and weapon get better. Man will reach his dream. Kill the complete world off with bio and chemical warfare. Total poem was amazing. Take no genius to see we are on a bad road and we better change our ways. I like the ending. A outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice vision here. I like how it's written in bold red. Perfect.

Posted 13 Years Ago


really good job. war is depressing and serious and you captured it perfectly.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 1, 2010
Last Updated on November 1, 2010

Author

RJM
RJM

Manila, Philippines



About
Only within the darkness of your soul can you find the light that lies beyond. I write likeWilliam ShakespeareI Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing! more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..