Window

Window

A Poem by cv

I travel the wastelands of my mind, searching for a drop of water, a life of my own. The sunlight, she beckons me. I slowly crawl towards her, searching for an inkling of purpose to this journey, a drop of water, a life of my own. Could the sun who shines so bright hold the answers I so long to discover?

Time creeps by, day after day, week after week, month after month, century after century... After all this time the sun still calls for me. With every aching move my muscles make, the sun travels light-years ahead of me, calling me to her.

This is solely a window into the barren lands that is my mind. Perhaps I use this as a way to let in someone who knows what it's like to search longingly for an answer, or perhaps to let in someone who sees something in me I  cannot see. Whatever it may be, you are the chosen one and possibly, the only one...

© 2019 cv


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is plain, nay transparent that the protagonist is an eternal romantic who has been nailed to the cross of disappointment by those who would pilfer from her store of love, her erotic desires being exploited mercilessly.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 10, 2019
Last Updated on March 10, 2019
Tags: dream, nature, anxiety, depression, journey, love, save

Author

cv
cv

TX



Writing
The Clock The Clock

A Poem by cv


I'm Sorry I'm Sorry

A Poem by cv