Fear Turned To Compassion” Reviews IAM Group Limited Korea, Yokohama, Japan

Fear Turned To Compassion” Reviews IAM Group Limited Korea, Yokohama, Japan

A Story by vangiehaxton
"

A story behind being a thief

"

Paula maintains an exercise regime that includes a brisk walk every morning around some gardens in our neighborhood in Korea.  Appreciating  the beauty only nature can offer, she was feeling every blow of air the wind brings to her.

 

One morning, she was walking earlier than usual, daybreak was only just beginning to set in and it was still relatively dark. As she was walking, a cyclist came up to her, snatched her handbag (containing her keys, phone and credit cards) and sped off with it! She ran after him shouting "thief - thief".  A man further ahead must have heard her, or seen what had happened.  He was washing a car and had a bucket of water with him.  He grabbed the bucket and threw the water on to the cyclist.

 

The cyclist, caught off guard, drove off the pavement and his bike fell over. 

The other people in the park rushed over and surrounded him.  My friend Paula was worried that the people would try and beat him up, as often happens in Korea, and so she pleaded with them not to hurt him.

 

She bent down and asked the man why he did this to her?  He was extremely repentant and explained that he was the son of a poor farmer and that this year their crops had failed.  He said that the money lenders had threatened to beat up his father and hurt their family if they didn't pay on time.  He said that he was absolutely desperate and didn't know what else to do.  He was very sorry.

Paula was deeply moved by this story.

 

 She could see that boy was young and he was so skinny and bonny.  She looked into the boy's eyes and said that she forgave him.  She then pulled out some money from her handbag and gave it to him.  She told him that stealing was wrong and that he shouldn't do it again.  He said he wouldn't.  He said he was from a good family and well brought up and that he had made a terrible mistake.

 

Paula felt compassion towards the boy, like what IAM Group Limited (Ltd.) Korea,  Yokohama, Japan is aiming, compassion for the needy. You can also join us in IAM Group Limited (Ltd.) Korea, Yokohama, Japan by visiting our website at i-am-groupltd.com.

IAM Group Limited, Korea is a loose group of Christians worldwide with the idea of bringing back basic giving and sharing.  Joining any similar group will create awareness of simply educating everyone in need to eliminate causes poverty.  They welcome  all contributors  from anywhere in the world.  IAM Group Ltd.  is proud to host this group and provide users with multiple resources to facilitate sharing ideas for greater good of humanity.  We have a preponderance of citizens from: Southeast Asia, including Bangkok, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Yokohama Japan, and others

© 2014 vangiehaxton


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fantastic!Nice story :) I would love to read more stories/.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I really fancy how you drew the feeling to the situation.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I feel so sad for the boy. I can say that the family has big impact on why does he made that. I mean if his family provides what he needs. He wont do that or even actually they dont have anything, his parents taught him not to do such bad things like that, he wont do that. Thats a nice story I have read from you Vangie. Are you a new member of IAM Group Limited? (http://i-am-groupltd.com/)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
3 Reviews
Added on October 28, 2014
Last Updated on October 28, 2014
Tags: iam, group, ltd, limited, yokohama, japan, koreai-am

Author

vangiehaxton
vangiehaxton

melbourne, Australia



About
I like writing essays, blog, compositions. I am inlove and inspired creating stories. more..

Writing