Made in Nature

Made in Nature

A Poem by Salem Fitzgerald
"

Some things you can't stop. Some things just have to be.

"
I am volcanic.
Snow white and mostly quiet.
I've been unprovoked for years.
Unchallenged.

And then my world collided with yours and the fire inside me came alive again.

You are a black hole.
Few know what you truly are inside.
And you were a risk.

But you pulled me in and on the other side I have found heaven.

We are the most beautiful enigma. Especially in our origin. We are forces of nature in our own right and unstoppable together. And of all the natural disasters, ours is my favorite.

We played with fire, drowned in rain, got swept up in this whirlwind but we have lived. And we will weather, whatever comes.

© 2015 Salem Fitzgerald


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"We are the most beautiful enigma..."
Ah, ev'n the love's itself one beautiful enigma that soothes the beats of heart quite well. I love how you express things in words 'bout love that it makes you drained then have you all soaked over the night with love and its heartaches... it's such an enigma that can't be understood. Nice imagery. Would be looking forward to reading you!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
1 Review
Added on November 17, 2015
Last Updated on November 17, 2015
Tags: Nature, poetry, love

Author

Salem Fitzgerald
Salem Fitzgerald

Small Town, WI



About
I walk through life imagining events that have yet to happen. I yearn for adventure and passion. I'm let down so often by everyone I meet so I spend a lot of time alone. I'm a writer, a philosopher, a.. more..

Writing