Love Will Make You Crazy (Spotless Mind)

Love Will Make You Crazy (Spotless Mind)

A Poem by Salem Fitzgerald
"

Lyrics.

"
You moved to Montauk waiting for me and I'm on the next plane to Heathrow. 
I would've met you if you would've asked me but you only eluded so here I go.
I don't know.
That sun shines eternally in your spotless mind, yeah I know the line. 

Yeah I bet you're fine. 

I took the train wherever it went and texted that I had to let go. 
But I write you letters like Noah to Aly and here I am stuck on your social. 
I gotta know.
And I know everything.
Like when it's gonna rain, what street it is I'd need to be on if my phone rings and it's you. 

But no I'm through. 
I'm letting go I say when the sun shines from your spotless mind. 
I could've used a little Girl Interrupted time when I went crazy from loving her but hating me. I'm never able to f*****g hate you. Or erase you. 
I guess love'll make you crazy 

Three years later I moved New York so I could have breakfast with Tiffany. 
She found out what they always find out, that I can't be present, fully. 
I know me. 
I know it's true, my hearts with you. 
Is the sun still shining in your spotless mind? 
Does it get dark when you think of me in the Garden State, what's that life like? 
Could've been with you but I woulda lost me... 
I guess love'll make you crazy.

© 2017 Salem Fitzgerald


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

the fine line you walk in this beautifully introspective poem is perfectly pitched Salem. Not bitter, nor too saccharine: just a clean crisp understanding of one's self, their own peculiar appetites and how they lead us away as much as towards what it is we think we might want. I have walked this road for god knows how many countless miles myself, and with each step i took with you along it, i drifted back to my own a ha moments.

also the opening line is a killer. launches the reader headlong into the body of the poem

my first read of yours, will definitely need to return for further dips

ken e

Posted 11 Months Ago


This tastes and feels so smooth but in the same breath I want to say gritty and brave, though lyrical the storytelling qualities are really tight. I adore the reference btw cleverly woven words.

I wonder what you hear when you read this? Random but I hear some moody gutsy guitar riffs.
I dig this. Rach

Posted 7 Years Ago


Salem Fitzgerald

7 Years Ago

I definitely hear music. thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

457 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 27, 2016
Last Updated on July 10, 2017
Tags: Poem, sad poem, descriptive, love, loss, travel, movies, reference

Author

Salem Fitzgerald
Salem Fitzgerald

Small Town, WI



About
I walk through life imagining events that have yet to happen. I yearn for adventure and passion. I'm let down so often by everyone I meet so I spend a lot of time alone. I'm a writer, a philosopher, a.. more..

Writing