Distant

Distant

A Chapter by verleumden
"

Chapter One

"

 It was about ten in the morning, I was riding my big wheel and in front of the house, living there helped me attain my horrid accent I am not to fond of. My grandmother lived out there, we followed.

She had a big two story lake house. With a haggard shed to the left. I walked up the stairs and opened the door. My grandma was rocking in the recliner watching the news. The smell of mashed potatoes and meatloaf filled my nostrils. I walked into the kitchen and opened the oven to check on the meatloaf, anticipating supper. My parents were asleep and my siblings were petting the dog and playing with the cockatiels. I walked into the animals room where the freezer was, it was filled with treats and provisions, I grabbed an ice cream sandwich and went to sit in the kitchen. When I was finished the food was done, I was still hungry. After dinner I went to bed.

 

 I lifted my head in irritation of the light flashing from the school bus blinding me as I woke. I knew school awaited, In disgust I got ready and rushed to the bus. School was vague, I only remember the long ride home, silent students and a determined bus driver. The road home was bumpy and sharp turns. Students laughed as they spat out salivated paper balls at each other. As others snarled, begging for silence. The trees were still covered in dew as the sunshine was covered by the branches, litter was scarce and manure was a stench disregarded by residents. Cows flourished in the meadows, horses stayed to themselves socializing with each other. The bus came to a hault as I sighed in relief, I marched to the exit touching the seats as I passed. I stepped off the bus and smiled as my feet met the pavement. "I'm going for a walk" I yelled towards the house. A faint "okay" traveled back into my ears, I paced off into the woods, I surveyed my enviroment as the leaves rustled beneath me. My pathway was my own decision, and untouched walkway. I veered to the north to see the cabin I ventured for. I smirked, assuring myself I was alone.

 

  Moving....It was the most frequent activity our family did together. We moved to Lafayette Square, it was a white trash apartment complex. Everything was packed in the u-haul, we were crossing the bridge as I drifted in and out of sleep. I stayed up all night packing. The Ohio River was just hideous as usual, Mcdonald's was the sign of Jeffersonville. I smirked half asleep as we entered town. We stopped at thorton's to grab fountain drinks and cigarettes. A friend of the family, Rochelle, suggested we move to Lafayette Square. Arrival was late, it was already dark and the street lights were on. The complex streets were obselete, the speed bumps were cracked in several places. There were people at picnic table smoking cigarettes and socializing. They looked like they were homeless. Our apartment was number 89. Rochelle met us on our way up the stairs, wobbling out the door slurring words. An odd "hello" fell off her cracked lips. We said hello back and then proceeded to move our boxes up stairs. We were half finished by roughly 10:00 PM. Everyone went to bed besides my sister, Desiree.

 



© 2010 verleumden


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is well written, but I got bogged down in the details for some odd reason.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice job

Posted 13 Years Ago


You're writing is progressing quite well, young one. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very good, I want to read more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 21, 2010
Last Updated on August 22, 2010
Tags: Chapter, One, Distant


Author

verleumden
verleumden

Jeffersonville, IN



About
I'm Luke Evans, I am bored. more..

Writing
Distant Distant

A Book by verleumden