Hope by Victor Everlight

Hope by Victor Everlight

A Poem by Victor Everlight
"

Imagery of the Hope we all seek in life and its purpose being there.

"
Hope, A structure in our lives we hold very dear to our soul. Even when the structure is broken, we still cling to it like it has a purpose to fulfill.
It can hold strong in people’s lives and can buckle under its own weight and show weakness in others. It could be an inspiration for some and a crutch for those that are weaker.
The structure supports all that needs its help. From a community that is struggling to survive and doesn’t want to fall into the darkness of obscurity, to the hopeless venture of a single mind looking for a last piece of light to cling to in their world that is stuck in the void.
This structure is strong, and yet it will still start to crumble and fall eventually. Wear and tear will start to show, and all we can do is patch it up and see all the scars that it will collect before it falls.
As the structure falls around you, collecting into dust and rubble, you see something from out of that debris. It is a new structure something either bigger or smaller. Yet, you feel the purpose of the structure is still unclear, vague, and uncertain.
But you already know the name of the structure don’t you...... You know it well and you know why it’s there and yet you let it stand. We all have our own structures, so how does this one change you.

© 2019 Victor Everlight


Author's Note

Victor Everlight
Sorry for any grammer mistakes. Found the inspiration one morning.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on December 2, 2019
Last Updated on December 2, 2019
Tags: Dark, Thoughtful, Sad, Imagery, Adult, Teen, Depressed

Author

Victor Everlight
Victor Everlight

Long Valley, NJ



About
I am a writer that likes to do poetry on the feelings that most people cant fully describe more..

Writing