Mirror

Mirror

A Poem by Vidya Bacchus
"

It is easy to judge others

"
                               Mirror
I look into the mirror,
And I am confused at the person,
Staring back at me,
Eyes filled with hopelessness,
Etched on a face that seems ,
Too young to be so old.

I cursed at you ,
And damned you for your choices,
That dug you a grave,
And buried you deep into an endless disconnect,
I judged you and proclaimed you guilty,
Only now realizing how easy it is to condemn.

Shadows of broken reflection,
Flicker on and off in my deserted mind,
Barren and forgotten,
Buried under decisions ,
That I have to convince myself ,
Are better than what you would have made.

Perhaps the mirror lies,
And the despair in my eyes,
Are a figment of a tortured imagination,
This destiny was foisted on me,
Because I deemed you unworthy,
Now the look in my eyes is twin to yours.

© 2014 Vidya Bacchus


Author's Note

Vidya Bacchus
Just a thought

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

We torture ourselves every day, don't we? Often we treat others we meet...strangers really....far better than we treat ourselves. "Etched on a face that seems , To young to be so old." A very powerful line! The word "to" should be "too" though. A small correction. So very emotive....and filled with deep regret. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Lydi will fix my "too"



Reviews

The truth about a mirror is that damned old mirror don't really tell the whole truth. It don't show what's deep inside, or read between the lines and its really no reflection of my youth.

great lyrics from a George Strait song… I thought of them after reading this fabulous poem of self reflection.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

I love country music and I think you and George got it about right.Thank you Cowboy Dale :)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

you are most welcome :)))
This was definitely deep. Self-realization can be a hurtful thing. We are hard on ourselves, because we only get one shot at life. When we feel we made the wrong choice, it's a hard pill to swallow. Like you said, it's easier to judge others. Enjoyed this for its brutal honesty.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Thank you G for your deep understanding of what I meant.We have to deal with the impact of the decis.. read more
Just amazing, how the words convey the feelings is just amazing. Isn't she trying to convince herself that what she did was right and all the pain is worth it?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Yes she is.Sometimes you aren't sure you made the right decisions in your life.Thank you so much :)
Sometimes we blame us for our own choices although not recommended if depressing self but looking upon once own fault and learning from them is great way to improve. Every one makes wrong choices. In the end its part of what makes us unique. Great work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much.I agree .We all make mistakes and blame ourselves.
New Theory

10 Years Ago

You are welcome :)
"Shadows of a broken reflection,
Flicker on and off in my deserted mind,"

This is an extremely relatable poem. It is sad and painful but it is also the harsh reality that defines some people's lives. I love what you've done here. You have penned what so many people across the world feel,and that is remarkable, Vidya. So many people see themselves as inferior,worthless,broken. But what most people need is confidence in themselves or just,someone to make them believe in their own awesomeness.

"Perhaps the mirror lies,
And the despair in my eyes,
Are a figment of a tortured imagination,"
Bravo! You have told me a couple of times that you're a fan of my works,well I say I'm a bigger fan of yours! This is a very good poem. Thank you for posting.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Wow that is the nicest review I have ever gotten and I thank you whole heartedly my sweet friend :)
the things we do to ourselves for the cause of another, can be maddening at times. It's very easy to see things our way, I'm still working on that one myself.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Thank you corset :P
This is an emotional dwelling of deep thoughts, Vidya...
I can truly relate to this... it's an on-going battle within...
Let love prevail... (((hugs)))...

Well expressed!~xoxo~

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Thank you Robbie .Yes we must let love prevail or we are lost :)
Robbie~xoxo~

10 Years Ago

You are most welcome... xx :)
Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

....................:)
I kind of jumped on reading this. This appears like me years from now, looking into a mirror called past. SCary. Love your expressions.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Thank you honey .Nice to see you as always :)
Holy Cats. These thoughts have been in the back of my mind lately, somewhere just behind the struggle and forced strength. Hmm.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Thank you Connie :)
tragic, yet beautifully written, the image of staring into a mirror and seeing ones self for what that person perceives him or herself to be is a powerful thing, the perception of perceived reality.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Your words are true.Thank you Paddy :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

799 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on February 10, 2014
Last Updated on February 10, 2014
Tags: disconnect, grave, despair

Author

Vidya Bacchus
Vidya Bacchus

point fortin, Trinidad and Tobago



About
I am usually a very happy person.I love writing ,I try to write what I feel. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Xposure ~ Xposure ~

A Poem by Frieda P


Caged Caged

A Poem by Vidya Bacchus


Sye's Downfall Sye's Downfall

A Poem by s y e